Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G0 moves are slow and jerky within a 5 axis simultaneous tool path on HAAS TRT210

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
myerswelborn
288 Views, 6 Replies

G0 moves are slow and jerky within a 5 axis simultaneous tool path on HAAS TRT210

I have a 3D contour toolpath that I am using collision avoidance on to machine a deep pocket with a ball mill.  The machine runs great and is smooth when actually cutting in G1, but when it retracts and repositions within the toolpath using G0 I get a slow jerky motion.  I have attempted to post with all high feed moves but now I am getting a lot of clamp/unclamps while the tool is in the cut. 

Any help with this?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: myerswelborn

The Haas control struggles with G0 combined linear and Rotary moves for some reason, most other controls don't have this issue.

The fix is to use highfeedrate mode so the rapids are output as G1 moves with a high feed rate.

You can set this per toolpath in the linking tab or Globally in the post processor settings in the NC program window

Message 3 of 7
myerswelborn
in reply to: a.laasW8M6T

I mentioned in the original post that I tried it with all high feed moves but got random clamp/unclamps while actually cutting in the contour toolpath, leaving small gouges in the part. Any way around this? I have rotary clamp turned on, but it says it is disengaged automatically during simultaneous axis motion.
Message 4 of 7

what post? You may have to simply deal with smoothing out your maximum angular motion etc to have the control be able to keep up. 

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 5 of 7

Its the latest Haas NGC post from the Fusion Library.

How would I go about smoothing out the maximum angular motion? Is that CAM tweak or machine setting?
Message 6 of 7
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: myerswelborn

Apologies, I missed that in the original post.

I have tried posting out multiaxis toolpaths with the Haas post and am not seeing the clamp codes during cutting.

Can you upload a fusion file that exhibits this behavior?

The angular smoothing is a setting available in some types of 5 axis toolpaths

alaasW8M6T_1-1698190014190.png

But I don't believe this setting has any effect on rapid moves.

Message 7 of 7
myerswelborn
in reply to: a.laasW8M6T

Unfortunately I edited the toolpath for this part to minimize retractions and do not have the nc code that was clamping and unclamping. I just let the rapid moves click along slowly. It wasn't a huge time increase but we have to get the parts out. I also cannot post the file on a public forum. In the future if I come across another example of this I will post it to this thread.

Thank you for explaining the angular motion smoothing. I ended up turning on regular smoothing before I read this post and it helped with some faceting in the surface finish.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report