Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finishing Pass Not Reaching Bottom Of Part

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
cwmacier
338 Views, 5 Replies

Finishing Pass Not Reaching Bottom Of Part

Hello,

Did my roughing pass and had no issue machining down to the bottom of the material. I can't figure out how to get the tool path to reach the bottom of the material for the finishing pass. Any help would be appreciated. Using a contour finishing pass.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jhackney1972
in reply to: cwmacier

Please attach your model.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 6
dwilliamsFM6K4

Most likely need to check the "Contact Point Boundary" Checkbox on the geometry selection tab

that or the long tool could be having a collision detection if you have those options on potentially

Message 4 of 6
cwmacier
in reply to: jhackney1972

Done.

Message 5 of 6
cwmacier
in reply to: dwilliamsFM6K4

Now it is wanting to contour the entire body instead of the face I have selected. I can't have it go around the entire body or the collet will collide with the material and cut through the hold downs. I simply just want to do a finishing pass on the mitered face and that's it. 

Message 6 of 6
dwilliamsFM6K4

Use avoid surfaces and select what you don't want cutting

avoid.PNG

avoidtoolpath.PNG

  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report