Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fanuc 6M - OKK Machine Center

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Rudib25
879 Views, 5 Replies

Fanuc 6M - OKK Machine Center

Hi there, 

I am struggling with figuring out what is wrong with the code created using the Generic Fanuc option for my OKK Fanuc 6m Mill.

Its seems to alarm whenever the code calls for a 3 axis movement G01 X.... Y.... Z.... and then also faults of G02 and G03 to which I can only assume the resolution of I, J and K are too small for it to handle. For example, J0.0002 

I have opted to not allow helical moves and this helped but I can't seem to find anywhere to adjust the radial characteristics.

Has anyone seen this or I am going crazy?

(Thanks in advance.....)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
LibertyMachine
in reply to: Rudib25

Have you tried switching it to "R" value instead? At the post dialog, there should be a user parameter to swap to the "R" method.

And do you know if it's mainly when it encounters a G18/19 (Arcs in the ZX and ZY planes)

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 3 of 6
Rudib25

Thanks for the suggestions.

I don't remember seeing the option to switch to Radius values but I will look again.

It errored on the XY plane of G02 and G03. I will have to check it again and I will post the code from where the issue starts.

Does anyone know if the Fanuc system has movement restrictions on running 3 axis simultaneously?
Message 4 of 6
LibertyMachine

screenshot_12.png

It is not going to be restrictions so much on the post or Fanuc in general, but more so your version of control. The 6M wasn't used for that many generations of machines, and I suspect there is a reason for that.

Seth Madore
Message 5 of 6
Rudib25
in reply to: LibertyMachine

I believe your right about the controller.

Its seems to be a two fold problem here.

After loading the file again I noticed some differences between the programs which should have been the same.

The serial acceleration was too fast and on the higher resolution dimensions it was creating code errors. It was really hard to spot a few errors in 75K of program lines so expect there was many more than I could find.

I have moved it to R now and slowed the communications from the Computer->BTR->CNC considerably and now it seems to be working well.

Thanks for your help!

Message 6 of 6
LibertyMachine

Ohhh....yeah. Baud rate is everything on the slower/older controls. Easy to drop a line here or there. On my '82 Matsuura I've got it set to 2400. Anything over that and I lost a line every now and again. My Mori has a USB drive, so no issue there, lol

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report