Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Face grooving Geometry explanation?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Ketherton21
307 Views, 1 Reply

Face grooving Geometry explanation?

ive seen this issue replicated every time I do face grooving and have yet to figure out the science behind it.

basically, I have a .078 face grooving tool, I select my geo to groove and it seems no matter what type of setup I use the code outputs incorrect, basically resolving in the grooves being completely wrong (the code is offset 2x the width of the tool positive in X). see attached file (setup 2, the singled out path named "this tool path")

my solution so far has been to just offsetting my tools geometry in the machine. also attached are pictures explaining it.grooving question.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Ketherton21
in reply to: Ketherton21

ok so I think part of the confusion is due to there being "no holder" because it always shows collisions. also the flipped around backwards viewing of the tools and tangent. I solved the issue by leaving my setup exactly how it was and touching off on the opposite side of the probe (same way as a boring bar) 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report