Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Parameters

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
banksysan
8213 Views, 11 Replies

Export Parameters

I've got a bunch of parameters that have taken a while to create.  I want to start the sketch again with a slightly different approach but don't want to have to manually type all the parameters and equations again.

Can I export the parameters so I can import them into a new sketch?

If not, is there another way to externalise the parameters from a specific sketch?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Marco.Takx
in reply to: banksysan

Hi @banksysan,

Take a look at this app on the App Store

If my post answers your question Please use  Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution & Give Kudos!Kudos This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Met vriendelijke groet | Kind regards | Mit freundlichem Gruß

Marco Takx
CAM Programmer & CAM Consultant

Message 3 of 12
banksysan
in reply to: Marco.Takx

Looks perfect, thanks.

Message 4 of 12
harley33

Same issue, can't import or export parameters from Fusion 360.  The app that has been suggested will not install for me.

MacBook Pro i7 2.6Ghz Running OS Mojave 10.14.3

16Gb Ram

Message 5 of 12
mgabriellm

This app would be so very useful.  Unfortunately the app gives me an error when I try to import parameters.  Its use seems simple enough.  Am I missing something?

---------------------------
Fusion 360
AddIn Stop Failed:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:/Users/XXXX/AppData/Roaming/Autodesk/ApplicationPlugins/ParameterIO.bundle/Contents/ParameterIO.py", line 234, in readTheParameters
design.userParameters.add(nameOfParam, valInput_Param, unitOfParam, commentOfParam)
File "C:/Users/XXXX/AppData/Local/Autodesk/webdeploy/production/999917b56d84bad9b7325987880958e07a04d903/Api/Python/packages\adsk\fusion.py", line 31138, in add
return _fusion.UserParameters_add(self, *args)
RuntimeError: 3 : Invalid expression

OK

Message 6 of 12
mgabriellm
in reply to: mgabriellm

I tried importing and exporting the parameters again with an earlier version of the same file for the export, and this time the import worked.  I will need to update a few parameters, but that's a minor task.  I'm not sure why the later file version of the file being used for the parameters export doesn't work.  I will update if I find out anything.

Message 7 of 12
gamelife4dns

Hi,

I just downloaded this add-in on a mac, but it refuses to install "because it is from an unidentified developer".

macOS Catalina 10.15.5.

Thank you.

Message 8 of 12
mgabriellm
in reply to: gamelife4dns

I installed this app over a year ago.  I don't remember having any issue when I installed the app.  However, I'm using Windows.  I'm wondering though, is this a security block you cannot bypass, or are you offered the option of installing the app despite the security warning?  If it's just a warning, then it seems you have to decide on whether or not you're going to trust the app based on the fact that it's coming from the Autodesk App Store.  

In the case where you are being blocked from installing the app, did you try searching to see it there's a way to circumvent the "unidentified developer" security measure that your OS is throwing at you?  If there is a way of doing that, then you're back to the question of trusting the app.  The Autodesk App Store FAQ page makes no specific mention of security or safety issues, but it does say this:

"Does Autodesk guarantee Apps offered on Autodesk App Store?
While Autodesk App Store team tests every submitted app before publishing it to the store, we cannot guarantee that every app will function error free in all circumstances. Please contact the publisher for an app if you would like more information on their development and testing procedures, or what data the app may manipulate on your computer. For more information please refer to Autodesk App Store Terms of Use."

The one think I can tell you about this app is that it's worked perfectly for me.  It's a big time saver for sure, and after a year I've had no negative issues with it.

Message 9 of 12
gamelife4dns
in reply to: mgabriellm

Thanks. I could install it finally.

So, when you double-click a downloaded app, the system doesn't allow its installation in case of possible security threat. By right-clicking it allows you to trust it.
I'm not used to mac's system, I don't know all those "features" yet, I'm learning 😉

Indeed it's a huge time saver.

Thanks again !

Message 10 of 12
DougPOPMfg

This worked great for me.  One suggestion would be to prompt to ask if you only want User Parameters, Model Parameters, or both.  I'd think the default should be only User Parameters, but it's easy enough to go through the CSV and delete whatever you don't need.

Message 11 of 12
hatchettpete

Very useful. Windows 10.

Message 12 of 12
ericdlaspe

I don't understand why this feature isn't built in, full stop.

You could make that useless copy button actually copy the selected parameters to the system clipboard. Or set Cmd+C (Ctrl+C on Win) to do it.

The current solution, to download and install a plug-in that's not even signed by Autodesk, is unjustifiably complicated for users to get such a basic feature set.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report