Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

excel setup sheet not saving screenshot anymore?

36 REPLIES 36
SOLVED
Message 1 of 37
CuttingEdgeManufacturing
911 Views, 36 Replies

excel setup sheet not saving screenshot anymore?

hey guys ive been using this setup sheet template for months now, why has it just suddenly stopped saving the screenshot of the model? stopped working about 3-5 days ago, i only had 1-2 programs that day to worry about so i didnt give it much thought at the time.

now its a larger concern for me as ive spent alot of time getting this setup sheet just the way i want it. i would assume an update is to blame, but if thats the case does that mean im out of luck here, or does it mean theres a bug with the update?

Screenshot (76).png

36 REPLIES 36
Message 2 of 37

Any chance you can share your project and setupsheet so we can try?

Michael Grenier
Senior Solution Engineer
Message 3 of 37

sure. here you go. (see attached)

Message 4 of 37

Ok, so I spoke to a couple guys here since I had a hard time generating the sheet myself.  Looks like corrupted templates are installed with the software.  Once those were replaced, I was able to generate the sheet without any problem.  The images were there and it was opening just fine.  That makes me wonder if there could be a problem with your template and post.  Can you share your excel template and cps file please?

Thanks

If you don't want to share it publicly, you can send me a private message and I'll take a look.

Michael Grenier
Senior Solution Engineer
Message 5 of 37

sure file is attached. problem is i havent changed it in weeks, problem only just now started up. but please let me know what you find!

Message 6 of 37

I just tested with your project, same setup with your post and templates and using the latest Fusion release I don't have any issues with the images.  They are saved and they show up correctly in the excel file.  This seems to be a problem where Fusion can't write the picture file.  When you export the setup sheet, can you see the image being saved in the same folder as the xlsx file?  Have you tried saving the setup sheet in another folder?

Michael Grenier
Senior Solution Engineer
Message 7 of 37

the image doesnt save to the folder anymore. let me see if i need an update

Message 8 of 37

appears im up to date on F360

Message 9 of 37

Whatever the folder you try to save the setupsheet the image is missing? I guess you've tried few different locations right?

Michael Grenier
Senior Solution Engineer
Message 10 of 37

yes i always save them to our server here at work, but i just tried a bit ago to save just to my desktop and it didnt put the image there.

Message 11 of 37

That's a tricky one, since we can't reproduce it internally, it's hard to debug and figure out why in this particular case it's not saving the images anymore.  We tried your files on few pc's here and the images were saved just fine on both.  Two things that comes to my mind, could you try to close and launch Fusion by right clicking on the icon and run as administrator and try again?  If that still doesn't work, maybe try to uninstall and re-install and see if that helps.

Michael Grenier
Senior Solution Engineer
Message 12 of 37

Will try as you suggested. will let you know

Message 13 of 37

if i uninstall f360 and reinstall, what all would i lose. i just exported all my tool libraries, would i lose my machine library? and my post library? templates?

Message 14 of 37

attached is a error file i got when attempting to post to the default setup sheet that comes with F360. not sure if this helps.

Message 15 of 37

Ok, to answer the uninstall question, what you saved locally should not be removed but it's always good to backup your stuff so I would do it personally.  As far as the error you see, this is the one I was getting earlier and it's because the template shipped is corrupted.  If you replace it with your template you should be good.  Here is the real template that should be shipped if you want to give it a try.

Michael Grenier
Senior Solution Engineer
Message 16 of 37

i reinstalled f360 and it still has not resolved this issue.

Message 17 of 37

also just tried the setup sheet you attached and that loads but still with no image.

Message 18 of 37

so the info i have gathered through testing is that my setup sheet isnt the problem.

i believe they share the cps file so that could still be the culprit. but realistically speaking, i have never touched that file so i cant believe thats the case.

Fusion 360 has been closed out of numerous times.

ive restarted my computer 2 times now. 

now i have uninstalled and reininstalled F360.

when i post the files as a setup sheet, there doesnt appear to be an image generated, since im not seeing one in the destination folder.

i dont think the .cps file actually creates the image file, so that tells me it is a fusion related issue somehow. im lost here!

i guess ill look through the cps file again see if i can uncover anything.

Message 19 of 37

I checked you set up sheet on a file of mine and the image displayed correctly.

Are you sure this isn't some kind of excel error on your end? I'm thinking some safety/security permissions or something? Just a guess...

Message 20 of 37

not sure how that could be but ill look into excel. i used this setup sheet for months without issue before this problem occured!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report