Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "Enabled feature flags: setup-sheet-viewer tool-library-v4-release" when attempting to generate toolpath

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
matthew.c.rose
6016 Views, 8 Replies

Error "Enabled feature flags: setup-sheet-viewer tool-library-v4-release" when attempting to generate toolpath

Hey guys,

I'm at a total loss right now. I have been attempting to generate what should be a relatively easy and simply tool-path for my plasma cnc, and am continually met with an error that doesn't allow my path to generate whatsoever. Usually I select my tool path based on the same plane faces from my extruded sketch, and it works like a charm. If any of my dimension are too small to cut I usually see the warning, and it shows me what cant be cut. In this case, I basically have been going and manually selecting each contour and rerunning the tool path until I see where it fails. 

"

Enabled feature flags: setup-sheet-viewer tool-library-v4-release

Invalidated: Generation failed

Error: Failed to generate passes."

I have no clue what to do at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I tried to upload photos but was met with errors.

Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Here are the screenshots. You can see the two selected contours in the image, both of those contours are among a few that will cause this to fail altogther. I've only started to experience this issue in the past few weeks, and with a variety of sketches.

Message 3 of 9

Please share your Fusion file here. File > Export > Save to local folder. Return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply.

Moving the thread to the MFG forum where it belongs 🙂

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 4 of 9

Thanks Seth, here's the file.

Message 5 of 9

There's certainly something going on, not in a good way either. Does your machine support Control Compensation, by chance? I did find that by swapping to "Control", I WAS able to complete the toolpath generation, at least on most of the part. Additional toolpaths would be needed to complete the part:

2020-12-14_14h30_16.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 6 of 9

I don't believe our machine supports control compensation. Hmm, yea I honestly don't know what to say. I've been using this every other day for the past year without running into this type of issue. To ensure that my output settings are always consistent, I always start a new file from my previously successful file.

Message 7 of 9

If anyone is curious, I was able to resolve this by changing my "Outer corner mode" to roll around corner. This has fixed all my issues while maintaining in computer compensation type.

Message 8 of 9
MattWynn
in reply to: matthew.c.rose

Thanks for the model @matthew.c.rose .

I apologize, when I added outer corner mode to 2d profile I should have set the default to roll around corner instead of keep sharp corners.  I have changed that and you will see the system default change to roll in a future release.

In the meantime, you can right click on the 2d profile operation and use compare and edit to set your default to roll.

Matt Wynn
Senior Manager, Software Development, Fusion Fabrication
Message 9 of 9
keqingsong
in reply to: matthew.c.rose

Update on this - we just released our latest produc tupdate and have made "roll around corner" the default for outer corner mode.

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report