Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting a single tab?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
JetForMe
2023 Views, 8 Replies

Deleting a single tab?

How do I delete a single tab that was placed "at points," without deleting all my tabs?

MacBook Pro, PCNC1100 Series 3, Slant-PRO 15L Lathe, Custom AvidCNC-based 4x9' CNC Router w/24k 4.5 kW HSD Spindle & Teknic SDSK Servos
Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
LibertyMachine
in reply to: JetForMe

Hold CTRL and click on that point. You can also mouse click and drag to a new location on that line.

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 3 of 9
JetForMe
in reply to: LibertyMachine

When I do that (on macOS), I get this. Okay and cancel just close the tool path dialog:

Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 1.10.05 .png

MacBook Pro, PCNC1100 Series 3, Slant-PRO 15L Lathe, Custom AvidCNC-based 4x9' CNC Router w/24k 4.5 kW HSD Spindle & Teknic SDSK Servos
Message 4 of 9
JetForMe

However, shift-clicking does delete it.

A more Mac-like thing would be to be able to click the tab to select it, then hit delete to delete it. Also, right- or control-clicking it and bringing up a menu with "delete tab" as an option would be good. But at least there's a way.

Message 5 of 9
Steinwerks

The tab isn't really a "thing" though, it's just inserted by the toolpath and you get a preview of that when you've got points selected for them.

I do agree that better documentation would have solved this before it was an issue though.

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 6 of 9
JetForMe
in reply to: Steinwerks

It is most certainly a "thing," even if it's not a feature of the model. As far as "things" to be selected and manipulated in computer user interfaces goes, it's very much a "thing."

Message 7 of 9
Steinwerks

@JetForMe wrote:

It is most certainly a "thing," even if it's not a feature of the model. As far as "things" to be selected and manipulated in computer user interfaces goes, it's very much a "thing."

Perhaps I was unclear. It is not a model to be selected. It is defined by parameters set forth in the toolpath and given a representation, much as a stock definition is given a representation. While there are ways to interact with this in only one toolpath that I'm aware of (WCS Probe) it isn't a selectable "thing" like other present geometry is.

That's what I meant.

If you want it to be selectable as a "thing" like actual model geometry is, then submitting a new idea here would be the course of action to take: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/hsm-ideas/idb-p/231

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 8 of 9
perisoratis

On windows machine -> Push ctrl and then left click on the tab position point.

Message 9 of 9
-Zander
in reply to: perisoratis

Thanks I wish we would change the answer to yours since this is the first result on google.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report