Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cutting specific shape into piece

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
204 Views, 4 Replies

Cutting specific shape into piece

Hi All,

Sorry to bug you, just hoping someone could help please? I am very new to fusion 360- I have a cnc and I am currently paying someone else to create things for me however I would like to learn.

I have created a 200mm by 200mm by 40mm piece and want to cut out a specific shape however do not know how. I am milling foam and want to put products inside the foam. Would anyone be able to tell me how to cutout specific shapes into the 200x200x40 block- such as a shaving blade and handle?

I appreciate any help you are able to provide- thank you in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

OK, here is small simple example of how to get your shape into your 200 x 200 x 40 block.

Go to the Design area and create a block using the "Box" option under the "Create" tab, next using the "Sketch" option draw half of a cylindrical shape you want and then use the "Revolve"  option under the "Create" tab to make the shape round, next use the "Move/Copy" facility to place the new shape where you want it located in your Block, place it so that it is half in/half out as in the first image below, next you use the "Combine" function to subtract/cut the shape from the block as in the second image.

So basically all you need to do is learn the CAD to make your shapes, how/where to place them in your block and how to use the "Combine" function to cut the shape into your Block. Hope this helps you a little, it is not as hard as you may think it is !!

Small simple example file attached, in the Design mode follow the History/Timeline to see what was done, a bit scrappy but hopefully you can follow it.

After that it is just a matter of using the best 3D toolpaths to cut your shape !!

3D Example-1.jpg

3D Example-2.jpg

Message 3 of 5
daniel_lyall

Go through this it will help https://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/courses/

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Cheers guys- I will have a look at both your suggestions. I was searching for a while and was unable to find the answer so I thought I would ask here. Thank you for replying 🙂

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I see the image you have provided- how do I specifically draw an item which I have in real life to the exact size/ curves? Or is it something that does just take a long time and I need a drawing tablet?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report