Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut up remaining stock on flatbed CNC

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Mublio
353 Views, 5 Replies

Cut up remaining stock on flatbed CNC

Hello! I was wondering if there's a way to have Fusion automatically cut up the remaining stock in smaller pieces. We are using a flatbed CNC, and it would be a great help for our operator if the machine would cut the rest material in manageble bits.

Manually drawing cutting lines is not an option as it is prone to error and too time consuming. Also removing all material using REST machining would be too time consuming as well.

Labels (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
seth.madore
in reply to: Mublio

There's a slim chance that this could be possible with the API, but that's just a shot in the dark. My initial inclination is to say "no, this is not possible".

Are you looking to just cut it into smaller pieces for disposal, or are you hoping to reuse them for other work at a later point?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 6
Mublio

I am just looking for a way to cut the pieces for disposal. 

I was under the impression that manufacturing was nog accessibele trought the API. Could you point me to a place where I can find some documentation on this?

Message 4 of 6
seth.madore

It is now 😁

https://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/?guid=GUID-995d634e-a8ef-4f2b-a826-1d32171f4998

Seth Madore
Message 5 of 6
Mublio
in reply to: seth.madore

This is awesome! I did dive into this a bit and it feels like there are many opportunities for our company here.

If you can point me to more resources on how to use the API for Manufacturing that would be really appreciated.

Message 6 of 6
seth.madore

For the time being, that's pretty much the extent of our resources 😞
However, there is also the API forum that's starting to grow a bit.

Oh, a little teaser; we do have something coming in our next release that, while not doing exactly what you're looking for, could likely be repurposed for what you're trying to do. That's about all I can say, so just stay tuned for the next update 😉

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report