Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CNC Machine Kinematic Model Simulation

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
jambrozy
4238 Views, 12 Replies

CNC Machine Kinematic Model Simulation

Hello,

I download some model of DMU machine, I wonder can I set a tool in machine spindle and  create a working motions with A, C axis? Greetings from Poland, thanks! 🙂

Dawid.

dmu motions.png

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
jambrozy
in reply to: jambrozy

Okey, i found some informations in comments below video. It was 8 months ago, i check fusion roadmap but I didn't find any messages when team can implemented this solution.  I'll be very grateful if someone write on what stage of advancement is this. Thanks! 

Dawid.

Clipboard02.png

Message 3 of 13
seth.madore

As you probably figured from the video you shared, Machine Simulation is not yet possible in Fusion 360. It IS on the Roadmap, but I don't know where it lands in order of importance. There is a lot of stuff being worked on and pretty awesome things to expect in the years to come

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 4 of 13
johnswetz1982

Though you can't do an actual simulation, I still tried to do as much as I can. I included the table and work holding model along with the part that I was trying to machine. I modeled the spindle but used a circumscribed circle for the square section of the spindle so that I had an extra safety buffer area around my spindle and would see if it would collide with my table.  Its not a true simulation but I wanted to try to check as much as I could.

Message 5 of 13
jambrozy
in reply to: johnswetz1982

I apply a similar solution when I programming Mazak HCN with rotary table, now I starting with 5 axis and it would be good to have machine components simulation. But I do not want to complain, i love fusion so as  

Message 6 of 13
feromaab

@seth.madore  Still no update on this? 😕

Message 7 of 13
jambrozy
in reply to: feromaab

Still waiting 😞 but look on this update what fusion team do, anyone know how much vericut cost? ;o

What's New - Post Processors Edit

Message 8 of 13
seth.madore
in reply to: feromaab

@feromaab @jambrozy 

There has been active development working on bringing actual Machine Simulation into Fusion 360. We are closer now than we were a year ago, but I believe much work remains to be done. I do know that the team responsible for this is committed to getting it right, but I don't know, and couldn't share, when it will be completed and made available to the user base.

Seth Madore
Message 9 of 13
DarthBane55

If you do 5-axis simultaneous, you pretty much need simulation...  but the Fusion machine simulation, if and when it comes, will most likely be simulating from the internal toolpath stuff, not the posted g-code file that will run on your machine.  This is good, much better than nothing, if you have 100% proven post processors that never do anything weird ever.  But if you want real simulation, you should get a real g-code simulator such as Vericut (as you mentioned) or NCSimul.  These are not cheap, but they save so much time on the floor (depending on the size of your shop).  Not only do they simulate actual g-codes that will run on the machine, but they decode the g-code before simulation to find any syntax errors, over travel, other such issues.  The floor runs so much smoother with a software like that.  I recommend NCSimul, but that is only because this is what we use, and are very happy with it.  I know Vericut does the same.

To answer your question about pricing, you have to get in touch with them, they have various modules (they can remove air cuts, reduce index clearance moves to a minimum acceptable level by you, etc, these are extra).  Just to give you a ball park though, the base software (that is all you need really) is around 10k, but again, they have promos etc, and maybe it depends how many machines you have etc, because machines are extra cost, and the price varies greatly depending on the type of machine.

Yes, we want Fusion machine sim!  but g-code sim is 1 step (actually a few steps) better, if you can afford it.

PS: @seth.madore if you think that machine sim inside Fusion will actually run from the posted g-code, please reply here and let us know!  That would be unbelievable value, but from what I've seen before (with other CAM softwares), it will at best run the CL file, which is not the same as the posted g-code.  Still very nice to have, specially with long time proven post processors!  We'll take that for sure!!

Message 10 of 13
galea_claudiu
in reply to: seth.madore

I can't wait to see this option on fusion. the sooner the better. Now I keep fusion as a side cam tool (learn new things and play with it)  but with the new changes to come I hope it will replace my actual work cam software . It will become a huge success. 

Message 11 of 13
seth.madore
in reply to: DarthBane55

@DarthBane55 The intent is for the motion control to be driven by the Fusion toolpaths that have run through the post processor. So, not directly from the G-code, but from the post processor. Meaning the post will decide what solutions are chose (rotary values) and will also be able to send any custom moves it does into simulation

Seth Madore
Message 12 of 13
DarthBane55
in reply to: seth.madore

@seth.madore Thanks for the reply, that is great!  Seems that this will add tremendous value to the software and be extremely useful!!

Message 13 of 13

我可以从哪个网站下载DMG机床

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report