Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool library BUG with formulas -Need help from SUPPORT

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
hatch789
278 Views, 9 Replies

Tool library BUG with formulas -Need help from SUPPORT

Every time I enter the tool library and create my Cutting Data, I try to use "Surface speed" and "Feed per tooth" as my drivers with everything else in Cutting Data as "fx" (reset to default). I get everything setup and accept (save). Then next time I go back into that tool, the values which drive the calculations are all different and I have to once again reset the values back to the fields I want to drive everything by: "Surface speed" and "Feed per tooth" again.

Is there a way to force the default DRIVER fields to be something such as "Surface speed" and "Feed per tooth" and then everything else is "fx"? It would be nice if the tool let me drive by the values I want instead of constantly resetting to other driving values every time you save and then go back into a tool.

The pic below is how I'd like things to come up every time. But I'm forced to constantly reset every tool back to this  configuration every time I go back into my tools.

Tool Library Good.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
hatch789
in reply to: hatch789

Anyone able to offer a reply to this? Do you guys see the same thing happening?

Message 3 of 10
hatch789

This also happens with drill bits ...originally I was testing with endmills but drill bits have the same issue with the fields that drive calculations changing after SAVE.

Message 4 of 10
hatch789

Could someone else please try this and give your opinion? Every time we re-open any tool that was setup properly, it comes up with the wrong fields driving the values. It is unacceptable if we're trying to drive everything from "Surface speed" and "Feed per tooth" as the pic above shows. I'm not sure how this nasty bug has survived so long without being discovered and fixed.

Message 5 of 10
hatch789

If someone from support could please help weigh in on this issue, that would be great. It's a very extensive "work-around" for this issue and made worse by any presets one has in the cutting data.

Message 6 of 10
obrienm

Hi @hatch789 ,

This behaviour is part of the preview feature "Tool Library - User Expressions" which we've been working on in the background. It's not quite fully functional yet so we don't recommend turning it on for now, but we aim to enable it by default in a future release once we've made some adjustments.

Mark O'Brien
Senior Software Engineer
Message 7 of 10
hatch789
in reply to: obrienm

Mark, Thank you for letting me know. I will check it out. The feature states that it's best used with the "Tool Library - Fusion Parser" feature. I don't see that in the preview features or anywhere else. Can you tell me where this other Fusion Parser feature is located?

Thank you!

-Chris

Message 8 of 10
obrienm

That's a preview feature too, but it's currently only available to users on our Insider program. If you're just testing the User Expressions feature then you don't need to have it.

Mark O'Brien
Senior Software Engineer
Message 9 of 10
wstoneandsons
in reply to: obrienm

Hi Mark, PLEASE fix the way Fusion deals with feed per min. I'm going to crash my 6 figure VMC because of the update last month. For some reason fusion doesn't obey the 'set as default' option for the 'use feed per rev' box in the drilling dialogue. I'm begging you, please make this right. This whole thing is a complete mess, and honestly should have been reverted. Since the first day the update hit people have been complaining about it. It would really help me and other users understand what the thought proccess of forcing a default that almost nobody uses onto users was.
Message 10 of 10
obrienm
in reply to: wstoneandsons

@wstoneandsons I've forwarded your feedback up. Please don't hijack threads though - this is unrelated to the original topic.

Mark O'Brien
Senior Software Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report