Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Templates

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Lonnie.Cady
505 Views, 6 Replies

Cloud Templates

Would be nice to have the ability to overwrite the cloud templates when doing a store template.  Sometimes I my load a template and want to store it with some changes.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
HughesTooling
in reply to: Lonnie.Cady

The last time I tried if you use the same name you get a dialog asking if it's OK to overwrite.

Mark

Edit just tested it and it does still work.

Clipboard02.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Lonnie.Cady
in reply to: HughesTooling

Yep, sometimes it is a pain to have to remember exactly what the template name is including spaces and such.  Since there is not real way to sort or organize templates I resort to using lenghty names. Just thinking there may be a better method.

Message 4 of 7
HughesTooling

Yes I know what you mean. What you can do is from the menu click Select Template and file manager will open and you can grab the name from there.

Clipboard02.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
Lonnie.Cady

I will have to look into it, because on mine when you hit select template it takes me to the local folder, my clould templates don't appear in the local folder on mine.

Message 6 of 7
HughesTooling

@lonniecady wrote:

I will have to look into it, because on mine when you hit select template it takes me to the local folder, my clould templates don't appear in the local folder on mine.

I hadn't noticed that, it seems like it should take you to the cloud folder if you have cloud libraries enabled. Also would be nice to have a proper save dialog so you can see what templates you have when you create a new one.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
Lonnie.Cady

Since cloud templates are in A360 it would be cool if they showed up in the data manager and you could just drag them on the cam browser to create them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report