Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAM wont aprove certain items as a group with a cut path?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
zmihlrad
403 Views, 6 Replies

CAM wont aprove certain items as a group with a cut path?

Wasn't sure how to phrase this but I am using an extruded image in CAM to generate g code for plasma cutting.

I select "Inner loops" and "always inside" and I make my selection. Everything comes up fine, and when I generate the toolpath it kicks back an error and leaves the item in the picture in this case out which I then must manually create an additional toolpath for.

If I turn off all lead-in and lead-out then it resolves it. But I do not see why it is effecting it when the space is more than large enough to fit these features?

The section being left out in the photos is the scale in the center.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
LibertyMachine
in reply to: zmihlrad

Can you share your file?

File > Export > Save to local folder. Return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 3 of 7
zmihlrad
in reply to: LibertyMachine

The SVG is attached.

Message 4 of 7
LibertyMachine

Ok, but what about your Fusion file, can you share that?

File > Export > Save to local folder. Return to thread and attach the .f3d file.

Seth Madore
Message 5 of 7
zmihlrad

Apologies, new to this.

File is attached.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 7
LibertyMachine

I don't have a good answer, sorry. At least you DO have a workaround and are able to get the part cut out, granted, in two operations. I think there is a bug at play, but it may be beyond my paygrade to troubleshoot. I 'll send this up the pipeline and see if I can get it looked at

Seth Madore
Message 7 of 7
cj.abraham
in reply to: LibertyMachine

Appears to be a toolpath kernel issue. I've created ticket CAM-11948 to investigate.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report