Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAM Setup Selection Issues

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
dlewis1000
425 Views, 10 Replies

CAM Setup Selection Issues

We have had this same issue quite a few times. Sometimes it only takes one or two times for it to stick. This was actually 20 minutes just picking the solid and origin point over and over again. The attached video shows exactly what's happening. It seems to just pick random things when you hit OK. 

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
daniel_lyall
in reply to: dlewis1000

Can you use the insert video function to attach your video, please?

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 11
dlewis1000
in reply to: daniel_lyall

This was the only way it was letting me attach it. I was able to download and view on my phone. Will it not let you do that?

Message 4 of 11
daniel_lyall

I can but I will not internet $$ 

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User

Message 5 of 11
dlewis1000

It was asking for a video URL. I couldn't find a way to get that from the MP4 file. I don't think you can. The video file is there. Download over wifi maybe?

Message 6 of 11
seth.madore

That's bonkers. Can you share the file, I'm curious if it's a local or file problem.

Email it to me: seth.madore at autodesk.com

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 7 of 11
dlewis1000
in reply to: seth.madore

The template files wouldn't let me export the F3D file. I think it is indeed a problem with my templates. I am working on another part and this is happening again. 

Message 8 of 11
daniel_lyall

What are you recording the vidos with if you use screencast you can get the URL to past in as a html.

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User

Message 9 of 11
dlewis1000

I use camtasia for any and all screen recordings. I tried to use the screencast thing before and it only captured my main fusion workspace. It didn't show any of the pop up menus. 

Message 10 of 11
seth.madore

I will be looking at your files after lunch 🙂

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 11 of 11
dlewis1000
in reply to: seth.madore

Any luck Seth? This has been happening to me now every single time I'm starting a new program. Seems like it's after the last update that this started happening more frequently. It used to be once every couple weeks. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report