Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug: Manufacturing Toolpaths names are being overwritten randomly to all be the same name as the first operation.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
warren.reynolds1
329 Views, 7 Replies

Bug: Manufacturing Toolpaths names are being overwritten randomly to all be the same name as the first operation.

Fusion 360 2.0.16753 x86_64

Recently, the tool path names are being overwritten to all have the same name.  Initially I thought this was only happening when duplicating setups, but this morning it just renamed all of my tool paths to the same name as the first operation, and I hadn't duplicated any setups.  It even renames the setup to a tool path name.  The only way to tell them apart is to look at the tool path icon.

warrenreynolds1_0-1690932830612.png

I haven't been able to work out what trigger this yet.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

This is a known bug that we think we've solved. Look for it to be fixed in a future update!

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 8

Sorry,

I did search the forum for this issue before posting, but obviously didn't use the correct search words as I didn't find anything.

Message 4 of 8

In your defense, I think there's only been one or two posts on this topic, it's not surprising that you didn't find a thread. It's been a bit of a hot-topic in our internal channels, so it's all good 🙂

Seth Madore
Message 5 of 8
BbellYS6XC
in reply to: seth.madore

When is the fix for this coming? It may seem minor, but this is a real productivity killer.

Message 6 of 8
I1
Community Visitor
in reply to: BbellYS6XC

+1

Message 7 of 8
seth.madore
in reply to: I1

We should have a fix for this in the next update 🤞

Seth Madore
Message 8 of 8
Paricla
in reply to: warren.reynolds1

Hello! Any ideas when this update comes? Because this bug is very annoying. It also posts this NC program with the postprocessor and its very hard to see what is what now. Especially with the larger NC codes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report