Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bore 2 holes in line with different diameter

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
rogierweekers
387 Views, 6 Replies

Bore 2 holes in line with different diameter

If you use bore for a hole with 2 holes in line, first 10mm then 6 mm deeper, and select both faces in one bore action it starts with 6 mm and then 10mm, resulting in breaking the tool ! Temporary solution is to do 2 bore actions, one with 10mm hole and the next one with a 6 mm hole. But i think it should be possible in one go or at least block the faulty order.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
seth.madore
in reply to: rogierweekers

Hmm. I seem to remember another community member running into this quite some time ago, I think I logged a ticket on this. Let me do a search..

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 7
seth.madore

I was mistaken. Somewhat similar, but (based on your information thus far) different enough.

I'm trying to replicate the issue, but it's proceeding in the manner I would expect it to. Could you share a sample file that demonstrates this issue?

File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply

Seth Madore
Message 4 of 7
rogierweekers
in reply to: seth.madore

If you run simulate on Bore1 of setup one you can see the problem.

Message 5 of 7

A video which shows the problem

Message 6 of 7

Capture.JPG

 Order by depth and I had to click the reverse order to do top down. It would think top down should be default without clicking reverse order but?

Message 7 of 7
seth.madore

Okay, then this is in fact the same issue I was thinking of. I've logged another ticket for this defect; CAM-45349.

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report