Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Answer day cam post no answer

45 REPLIES 45
Message 1 of 46
daniel_lyall
1294 Views, 45 Replies

Answer day cam post no answer

why are my cam post question not answered by fusion staff 

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

45 REPLIES 45
Message 2 of 46
RandyKopf
in reply to: daniel_lyall

Oh dang! 😕

Randy Kopf 

http://desktopartisan.blogspot.com/

If my post is helpful, press the LIKE Button If it resolves your issue, press Accept as Solution! Have a great day!
Message 3 of 46
daniel_lyall

I will take this silences to indicate I have upset someone, if so who and when

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User

Message 4 of 46
porsbym

Hi Daniel, which post question is this?

/Mark

Message 5 of 46
daniel_lyall
in reply to: porsbym

you're the second employe to answer something I have posted in the cam forum I think ever, I quite often ask questions here and get no reply 

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User

Message 6 of 46
porsbym

That is unfortunate, but certainly not intentional. Feel free to tag me if there are any questions where you still need an answer.

Sometimes we may miss questions, especially if (at a quick glance) it looks like someone else beat us to it.

/Mark

Message 7 of 46
daniel_lyall
in reply to: porsbym

@porsbym Thank you I will rember that.

I will have questions tomorrow for you

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User

Message 8 of 46
porsbym

Ok, I will keep an eye out for those 🙂

/Mark

Message 9 of 46

@daniel_lyall wrote:

@porsbym Thank you I will rember that.

I will have questions tomorrow for you

Feel free to tag me in a few them also! I'd be happy to help you out. 🙂 

Xander Luciano
CAM Content Developer

If my post is helpful, press the Kudo button - If it resolves your issue, press Accept as Solution!
Quick Tips: When to resselect CAM geometry | Understanding Smoothing in CAM | Adaptive Facing | Online GCode Viewer
Message 10 of 46

@daniel_lyall

Don't feel too lonely, been years since anyone other than users has answered one of mine.

Message 11 of 46

Yeah. It's a shame that the CAM Forum is almost devoid of experienced Autodesk employees. No offense intended to the ones that have posted in this thread. It seems that there are basically 3-4 dedicated people keeping this forum afloat

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 12 of 46

It is not just Autodesk the cam team was really like this before.  If it was a subject they were actively working on or wanted some feedback they can bend over backwards to gather some info from you on your time.  Come back with a question they don't support yet, well that is a different story. You get silence.

Message 13 of 46
dcrouch9
in reply to: Lonnie.Cady

Remember, this is Autodesk. These are people who know drafting and design software inside out.

I doubt if there are very many skilled machinists on staff. So when you throw manufacturing into the mix they may not have a large pool of help. It's one thing to read and learn about how a post processor or cam function should work but it's another one to actually lay hands on and put it to use.

Message 14 of 46
LibertyMachine
in reply to: dcrouch9

The response to that is this; They actually do have CAM people on staff, I've met them. Solid and knowledgeable people. I think they may just be stretched too thin.

Getting back on topic, @daniel_lyall I looked and couldn't find exactly what your CAM question was, did you not post it?

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 15 of 46

@LibertyMachine I am sure they do have some talented people it does not mean they are here answering questions.  They may be spread thin but how is that a customers problem?

Not to mention they seem to turn them over all too often.  Jeff was another good one that I hated to see go.

The support is just not here IMO.  I just walked away from the Ultimate early adopter largely due to this.  You can only ask a question so many times.

If the question is about some Fusion/HSM has nailed down and knocked out of the park, then you will get an answer.

Message 16 of 46
RandyKopf

@Lonnie.Cady I'm not an early adopter like you so I can't see how slow things have been. Not to discount anything you say. Agreed Fusion is not CAM Utopia. It's not a bad thing that  HSM Works gets primary focus, that means when stuff comes to Fusion 360 it's been worked out. But as far as CAM support on this forum I'm pretty impressed. The responses I get to most of my answers are decent and timely.  What I like about Fusion CAM is it has enough routines to get my jobs done. It's been really solid for me being able to drive more than one CNC and its output is decent. I can pretty much compensate for any short comings. Like 3D Adaptive could use some initial engagement options that other robust CAM systems have. see picture below. But I can work around these limits being aware of the limits. @dcrouch9 Traditionally it's been a wall between the design world and machining world. But I believe Fusion 360 blurs the lines between who can use CAM. And it's a good thing. The old hand crank machinists are a dying breed. @LibertyMachine Besides the Expert Elites I see some guys like Mike Materra and they are solid CAM guys. From my own experience my entire life has been with machining. I can say I have multiple machining certifications, I do, but that doesn't mean shinola in today's world. Everyone is replaceable. @al.whatmough What I don't respect is there is one CAM Expert Elite on this forum who has elected to not respond to me? I've never been rude and never meant to be arrogant. Either they maybe they have an ego or think I do? or maybe they feel threatened that another person might come up the kudo ranks. Yet they answer questions all day here and do a great job of that. I think if those high up the food chain cough, knew they acted this way they might seem them in a different light. Present company in this post excluded as these present are exceptional in every way.  that goes for @daniel_lyall and @LibertyMachine So I've used many CAM systems and it's a pain getting through the nuances to learn them and exploit them. And it's greatly appreciated when people help people. That is what I care about.  I truly believe Autodesk is doing everything right with Fusion 360 CAM. To me it's the first real solution to allow people new to CAM to use it. Check out the www.PocketNC.com world as an example of that all because Fusion CAM Fusion makes it possible 🙂 

MC Entry.jpg

Randy Kopf 

If my post is helpful, press the LIKE Button If it resolves your issue, press Accept as Solution! Have a great day!
Message 17 of 46
Lonnie.Cady
in reply to: RandyKopf

I was an HSMWorks user before Fusion and I can say that HSMWorks is not getting the focus.  If that were the case I would not have even looked at Fusion.

These 2 questions are similar once asked by me once by another.  No answer and I have asked that question for almost 2 years.  Just explain the logic was all I was asking.  They can ask for clarification but not answer the question.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/computer-aided-machining-cam/od-turning-tool-touches-face/td-p/6643755

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/hsm-support-forum/turning-logic/td-p/6532742

Here is another in the post section.  Laurens was good enough to shed some light on it but agrees it should not happen.  Not a word.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/hsm-post-processor-forum/haas-st30-post-with/td-p/6622840

@RandyKopf what you mention about elite goes across the board with ADSK cam.  They choose to answer some and go out of their way to explain things to others if there is some benefit to them like some social media coverage or software praise.

When I was canceling my account I did not have the proper order number and requested it.  I was given an order number that either did not work or I was doing something wrong.

On the renew date I got a email saying renew was canceled yet the emial showed a unit price of $318.  I was confused as to if it got canceled by someone on my behalf or I was charged $318.

Mean while fusion keeps working and says good to Oct 2017.  I sent emails and left a voice mail over a 13 days period.  On the 14th day fusion stopped working.  I finally sent a nasty email to as high up ADSK as I could.  Finally got a response that they were confused.  Confused about what, they canceled it for me apparently, yet they were the ones confused.  After emails and a voice mail you could not simply respond that it was canceled on my behalf since I was having troubles with it.   

Message 18 of 46
RandyKopf

@Lonnie.Cady

Dang! that sucks!!! I can understand why you would have your perspective! 😐

Randy Kopf 

Message 19 of 46
daniel_lyall

@LibertyMachine it does not matter I found the solution myself, I tagged you in a post it's clear that you did not get the notification.

@Lonnie.Cady you are still here helping out what's good.

@RandyKopf it's true what @Lonnie.Cady says some people don't reply to others there is a reason why some people don't get replies at all, same goes with me but that was my mistake, I did not put down clear enough something that I said and people read into it the wrong way, that's life I get that in other forums as well.

the EE do help a lot @LibertyMachine and mark are my goto people in the cam forum 

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User

Message 20 of 46
mike.mattera

@RandyKopfCan I ask what that picture has to do with your post? Just curious.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report