Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anilam 3300mk processor

54 REPLIES 54
SOLVED
Message 1 of 55
szkiXHQG3
3658 Views, 54 Replies

Anilam 3300mk processor

I am using an older 3300mk Control. Ihave been using the 7872_anilam post process conversional modal v1  processor it seems to work well except every program has to be modified in editor because at the beginning and end of the program it rapids to z 0 usually the traveling across the part. Here is a short section beginning code and end code. 

* ANNA TEST1
* TOOL 1 D=0.5 CR=0 TAPER=45DEG - ZMIN=-0.248 - CHAMFER MILL
Dim Abs
Plane XY
Unit Inch
Tool# 0
Rapid Z0
* ENGRAVE1
Tool# 1
X-3.5015 Y0.9278 Z0.6
Z0.16
Line Z-0.009 Feed 15.
X-3.2571 Y1.0031 Z-0.1222 Feed 30.
X-3.2528 Y1.0044 Z-0.1242
X-3.2486 Y1.0057 Z-0.1264

END Code

X3.2438 Y-0.8844 Z-0.0112
X3.2418 Y-0.8818 Z-0.009
Rapid Z0.2
X3.1739 Y-0.8405
Z0.16
Line Z-0.0093 Feed 15.
X3.1772 Y-0.8377 Feed 30.
Rapid Z0.6
Tool# 0
Z0
X0 Y0
EndMain

54 REPLIES 54
Message 21 of 55
HughesTooling
in reply to: szkiXHQG3

Looking at your screengrab you have the wrong post selected.

settings

The one in post #11 has ZHome at the end not V1. Also you are saving the post to the wrong location, it looks like you've saved to the generic folder, you should save to the personal post folder. Saved to the generic folder will cause problems when Fusion updates. 

@xander.luciano any chance you could make a sticky thread with all the path info for PC and mac and how and where to save custom post processors.

Capture4.PNG

MArk

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 22 of 55

@HughesTooling

Ah, today has been a busy post day!

Though I will admit, I don't technically use the personal posts folder. I mess with my personal ones quite often and have "the cloud" back them up and keep them synced between my computers (aka a github repo so I have versioning). 

But never should a custom post be mixed with the generic ones. For many reasons. Most importantly being that when Fusion updates, it changes directories and will just leave your custom posts behind. Secondly, if you replace the generic post with a custom post, there's a chance it'll be overwritten by the generics posts if they update, if you reinstall Fusion, if you clean uninstall Fusion, etc.

Now we also have the post processors forum: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/hsm-post-processor-forum/bd-p/218

But seems that the Fusion CAM gets a lot of posts questions too so it might actually be a good idea to make a sticky here. Maybe I'll do a quick writeup on using customs posts and editing posts. For now, the important bits are down below. 

Fusion 360 CAM Personal Posts Folder Locations

Microsoft Windows:
%appdata%\Autodesk\Fusion 360 CAM\Posts

Mac / Apple / OSX:
/Users/<user id>/Autodesk/Fusion 360 CAM/Posts

Do not put custom posts in the generic posts folder. Use the personal folder. or another location.

Xander Luciano
CAM Content Developer

If my post is helpful, press the Kudo button - If it resolves your issue, press Accept as Solution!
Quick Tips: When to resselect CAM geometry | Understanding Smoothing in CAM | Adaptive Facing | Online GCode Viewer
Message 23 of 55

@xander.luciano I did a post with info on uploading to the cloud here, but there's been an update to the dashboard. Access to A360 Drive is now under the options were it says Fusion top left of screen.

On a PC it's easy to save posts anywhere and the path is shown on the post dialog but it's not so easy for mac users, thanks for adding that info.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 24 of 55

Seems like an updated post on "How to download and use custom posts" might be appropriate that covers the options of the personal folder, custom folder, cloud posts, and downloading posts from http://cam.autodesk.com/posts/

Wonder if we could get some screenshots of a mac to use in it. Personally, I only have windows computers.

Thanks Mark,
-Xander Luciano

Xander Luciano
CAM Content Developer

If my post is helpful, press the Kudo button - If it resolves your issue, press Accept as Solution!
Quick Tips: When to resselect CAM geometry | Understanding Smoothing in CAM | Adaptive Facing | Online GCode Viewer
Message 25 of 55
Steinwerks
in reply to: xander.luciano

So when can we expect Linux support? 😉
Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 26 of 55

@xander.luciano uh-oh, time for a company purchase! ....For research!

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 27 of 55

@LibertyMachine wrote:

No, only people in the top 3 on the "Top Kudoed Authors" on the CAM forum should be getting one for research.Smiley Very Happy Sorry Xander.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 28 of 55

<---goes to check list. yay!

On a semi-serious note, I've actually considered doing exactly that, but I can't bring myself to spend that much money on something that doesn't have an actual number pad..

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 29 of 55

@HughesTooling wrote:

@LibertyMachine wrote:

No, only people in the top 3 on the "Top Kudoed Authors" on the CAM forum should be getting one for research.Smiley Very Happy Sorry Xander.

Mark

Top three you say? Looks like I'm gunna have to kick someone out of 2nd place then! 😉

@LibertyMachine and I can't get something without an escape key!
http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/gadgets/a23550/new-macbooks-dump-escape-key/

Xander Luciano
CAM Content Developer

Message 30 of 55
Steinwerks

Aww come on now! I don't have the time to step up my game much more!
Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 31 of 55
xander.luciano
in reply to: Steinwerks

Ha! Peaked too early.

Pfft, 478 ku... 479 kudos now to 2.5K posts, 20% K/P ratio. Everyone knows that's the real determining factor in this. Maintaining a clean 40%+ ratio takes time and dedication to provide only the highest quality solutions, jokes, and nonsensical answers. Like baseball, anything higher than 0.300 is great!

Jokes aside though, you guys (Mark, Seth, and John) have like 10x the kudos of everyone else over the lifetime of the forums. Definitely helps a lot and we really appreciate the support you guys give. I'm just happy to be in the top 5 in the last 30 days with your names haha.

Also, if anyone asks, it's Seth's fault for getting us so far off topic!

Best,
-Xander Luciano

Xander Luciano
CAM Content Developer

Message 32 of 55
Steinwerks

Who's John?

I got a lot of Kudos in the transfer of the HSMWorks forum too. I don't think I have a single one that isn't specifically from CAM come to think of it.

Maybe this has gotten a bit OT 😉
Neal Stein

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 33 of 55
szkiXHQG3
in reply to: HughesTooling

I thought you wanted info on what I was using. here is the one you made for me. Also moved the post config to the personal post area. 

Message 34 of 55
HughesTooling

@szkiXHQG3 don't use those posts, I think they are what's giving you problems because the first move has been removed so you're not getting a rapid set at the start. Try the one I modified is in post #11.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 35 of 55
szkiXHQG3

Ok I think that did it i had to turn rpm off and coolant to off since my machine has a manual spindle and coolant control. Which is nice because I still use it as a conventional mill.

Message 36 of 55
HughesTooling

There are a few differently configured machines, I tried to cover as many as possible. You have noticed the ZHome setting for your start\end height.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 37 of 55
szkiXHQG3

Yes I did notice the z 1. instead of the .5 Ironically I was previously changing the z0 to a z1 manually in my program. The real issue it cerated is I have 1 computer that I can run 360 on. It is in the house the mill is in a detached garage. Often I would tweak the program after testing it. Only to figure out when I tested the tweaked program I forgot to fix the z error or the 3 moves radius error. They are fixable on the mill, but if i don't fix them in the program I could accidently load a bad program later on. Now I can post the code for the mill with a little less worry. I am just now getting to the point of not running every part with the knee low or on paper with a plotter I made for the mill.

Message 38 of 55
mike.mattera

I would like to have a tool change position (I dont have a tool changer, so I need it to go to a specific place for me to change the tool). Browsing thru the post I found variables called Xhome Yhome. How do these get populated? What I mean is... where in Fusion can I specify an XY Home position? I've never seen any place to put in that kind of location.

I was able to hard code something, but it would be nice to be able to adjust this position based on the part size and zero location. If Fusion doesn't have that Home as an input, maybe I can have it prompt me for an XY position when I run the post. Put in a default, but be able to change it at the time of posting.

Tool# 0

Rapid Z0.0

Rapid X(home) Y(home)

This language and structure is very different from what I'm used to. The last posts I worked on were based on C++ and processed a type of CL file (NCI). I get the feeling there is no CL file in Fusion, that it just processes the code from a source it creates on the fly.

Message 39 of 55

Some posts use machine configurations but Fusions doesn't use them, I think they're only in HSM. You could add a couple more user parameters like this and use them at tool changes and program end. I was going to add this when I did the ZHome but you need to be careful because the CAM's not going to know where the cutter is.

properties = {
  writeMachine: true, // write machine
  writeTools: true, // writes the tools
  optionalStop: true, // optional stop
  separateWordsWithSpace: true, // specifies that the words should be separated with a white space
  useRadius: false, // specifies that arcs should be output using the radius (R word) instead of the I, J, and K words.
  outRPM: true,     // If true output RPM if false use machine tool table 
  outCool: true,     // If true output Coolant on off if false use machine tool table 
  A1100: false,     // If true set non modal and output M3/4 for spindle 
  quillDRO: false,  // Set true if machine is 3 axis and has a DRO on quill
  XHome: 0, //X Safe Home
  YHome: 0, //X Safe Home
  ZHome: 200 //X Safe Home
};

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 40 of 55

Hey Mike,

I can add a user property that would specify an X and Y position much like how we are specifying a Z position.

Ex: xHome = -2, yHome = -6
Posted: G54 X-2.0 Y-6.0

As per the xHome/yHome Varialbes:

Are you referring to this part of the post?

var homeX;
if (machineConfiguration.hasHomePositionX()) {
  homeX = "X" + xyzFormat.format(machineConfiguration.getHomePositionX());
}
var homeY;
if (machineConfiguration.hasHomePositionY()) {
  homeY = "Y" + xyzFormat.format(machineConfiguration.getHomePositionY());
}
writeMoveBlock(gMotionModal.format(0), homeX, homeY);

That is reading from the machineConfiguration, which I believe is for the HSMworks side of CAM where you can define a machine configuration.

It is possible for us to get the stock size and part size in the post processor, so we can do something based off that, however we can't get the G54 offset values because those are in the control.
We could create a script that calculates an X Y position using the G54 position though, but it all depends on what you'd like to accomplish. 

If you tell me the logic you want, I can create a quick test post. E.g. You want the the X home position to be negative half of the part width. 

Another option is to have another work offset like G55 be your "Tool change location" and at a tool change I can say G55 G0 X0 Y0
Or we can hardcode in an absolute value: G53/G28 X-2.0 Y0
etc.

Best,

Xander Luciano

Xander Luciano
CAM Content Developer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report