Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 Axis Simultaneous

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
7033 Views, 9 Replies

5 Axis Simultaneous

Hi everyone, 

I'm getting a 5 Axis milling machine in my shop soon! Woohoo! Not sure which one yet, so I don't know what controller it will be using. But I've been doing some research on Fusion 360, which I use now for my routers, and can't find many recent topics on simultaneous 5 Axis milling. Can anyone provide any YouTube links or general knowledge about doing this? Is it even possible? Are there controller limitations? 

Thanks in advance!

Cade

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
al.whatmough
in reply to: Anonymous

It really depends on what type of 5-Axis work you want to do.

Fusion is very good at 5 Axis positional and live 5-Axis for trimming (Swarf toolpath)

If you are looking to do 5 Axis surfacing then you may see the limits of Fusion 360.

Congrats on the investment in 5 Axis Equipment!

Cheers,

Al

---------
AL Whatmough
Director Product Management - Manufacturing

Note, I love to engage on the forums. However, I spend a lot of time in meetings trying to help clear the path for our amazing team of Developers working on Manufacturing at Autodesk. So, if I don't respond immediately, it's not that I don't care.
Message 3 of 10
alouramore
in reply to: al.whatmough

Hi, I don't mean to jump in on someone else's but I was wondering if you could tell me if fusion has library posts for Haas VF6TR and UMC750 that will support 3+2 and if there are any kind of surface finishing strategies that will run simultaneous 5 axis motion within Fusion or Fusion Ultimate? I've been using SurfCam for many years for these jobs but since starting to use and teach Fusion last year I am pretty hooked on it. Also I don't have any great Haas posts, ironically I have great DMG posts which are usually harder to come by but now I really want to find bullet proof Haas posts.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

Dear Sirs,
how are the future plans with 5-axis in fusion?

Michael

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

Do you know what CAM solution Fusion uses?

Message 6 of 10
daniel_lyall
in reply to: Anonymous

Fusion and HSM and basicly the same thing 

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: daniel_lyall

Thank you Daniel.
Message 8 of 10
alouramore

Are you the same guy that did the inspirtech SolidWorks course?  I teach a few classes at some of the local colleges and I used that course for one of my classes.  It was the best I've seen.  If that's you, great work!

Anyway I am having an issue with 5 axis toolpaths in Fusion and I don't know if my issue is Fusion limitations or just a fumble on my part.  Using a VF6 with 310mm Trunion and the program ran through simulation with no issues and even runs through the machine simulation without any alarms but it seems to just wind the B axis and then unfortunately when it goes to make another pass around the part the B axis wants to unwind but then it just buries the tool into the part.  

Message 9 of 10
lentsius
in reply to: alouramore

I'm running a VF3 with Tr210 trunnion and have the same issue with B axis rewind, havent found a solution yet. have you?

Message 10 of 10
mmilleratticus
in reply to: lentsius

I'm considering a 5 axis machine right now.  Has this issue been resolved?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report