Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D adaptive, dodgy tool path?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
regank6SUZL
386 Views, 7 Replies

2D adaptive, dodgy tool path?

New to fusion so bear with me.  Using a 2D adaptive path to rough a face with a boss in the middle, the tool path looks good until it starts to leave a thin strip of material begging to snap the cutter, is there a way to change the tool path ?

Tags (3)
Labels (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi @regank6SUZL and welcome to the forum.

It'd be good if you could share your project, so I can take a look and let you know how to sort this out.

Just export the f3d file and attach it to a reply in this thread.

Thanks
Paolo

Paolo Bastianelli

Technical Consultant
Message 3 of 8

not sure if that is what you mean?

Message 4 of 8
mattdlr89
in reply to: regank6SUZL

I'm not aware there is anything you can change with the adaptive toolpath to avoid that. Using 2D pocket machining will avoid a thin wall, but will take a little bit longer. 

mattdlr89_0-1645197103165.png

Message 5 of 8
regank6SUZL
in reply to: mattdlr89

what geometry did you select, it seems to put it inside when i try the pocketing?
Message 6 of 8
mattdlr89

I selected the circle but then you need to click the red arrow to change it from inside to outside...

mattdlr89_0-1645198240970.png

Message 7 of 8
regank6SUZL
in reply to: mattdlr89

Thanks Matt, I've got that bit done now, not great would have preferred the adaptive strategy but its a dreadful toolpath it creates. Thanks for your help!
Message 8 of 8
mattdlr89

Not a problem. Yeah you're right it's not a great toolpath for harder materials. I mainly machine aluminium so I can get away with it. 

I've definitely seen others with similar complaints so hopefully Autodesk might address this issue...

@dylan.smith - potential improvement to adaptive?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report