cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow Annotation

Workflow Annotation

I would like to see better methods of workflow annotation being available besides the yellow comments boxes.

Workflows can be complicated so there is often limited room to add comments boxes and maintain a simple appearance. I often have to check scripts to explain workflow functionality to users.

Here are two suggestions for how this could be improved:

1. In the Workflow Editor, there is a Description field for states and transitions which has no visibility in the front end of the UI. If hovering the cursor over the workflow state or transition, or clicking or hovering over an adjacent (i) icon, displayed this description (and it had a sufficient character limit), then this field could be put to better use.
  2. The Description field of any scripts applied to a workflow state could be displayed, if the character limit for this was increased. This could lead to a clearer explanation of actions, conditions and validations applying to the transition.
1 Comment
dfrey.ac
Participant

this could be expanded to add colors to the state boxes and lines so that the workflow is more Flowchart like. This helps users understand the workflow better and allows an auditor to use the view of the workflow directly in Fusion instead of creating a separate visio workflow document for ISO purposes.   

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report