Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to implement change order due to missing approver

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
928 Views, 4 Replies

Unable to implement change order due to missing approver

Hello!

I'm having difficulty with a change order stuck in CCB approval, despite no remaining approvers. 4 of the 5 predefined approvers approved the CO, but the 5th approver left the company unexpectedly and his account was inactivated and removed from the approval list. The CO now appears to have full approval from all 4 approvers with the 5th removed, but I'm unable to actually implement it with no workflow actions available. Is there a way to force the CO to return or approve instead of sitting in limbo waiting for a nonexistent last approver?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tony.mandatori
in reply to: Anonymous

The default approval board scripts reveal the last transition to the last approver only.

As an administrator, can you add another approver?  This should reveal the transition to the added user allowing him to complete the workflow.

Let us know how it goes!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: tony.mandatori

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately, although I added another approver to the general CCB approval workflow, he wasn't added as an approver to this specific change order and was incapable of approving it. I can't seem to add any other approvers to this change order specifically either.

Message 4 of 5
PLM-Sylvain.Bailly
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

You have different options, some of them are better in the traceability point of view:

• Option 1: Change the user from “Inactive” to “Active”, then create a delegation from this user to the correct approver and like it the correct approver can approve.

Advantages: No big modification and fast to do it.

Drawback: Security problem during the activation of a non-authorized account

• Option 2: As Admin, go to the role linked to the DCR workspace (normally you must have created an admin role for each workspace to impact only the admin accounts) and add the following permissions: “Admin override workflow locks” and “Override revision control locks”. Then go to the DCR and “edit” it to modify the approvers to add the correct ‘last’ approver.

Normally when you edit you must have a script ‘on save’ to update the new list of approvers. To see if you have this script you can go on “Administration > Workspace Manager” then click on the DCR workspace and select “Behaviors”. In front of the line “Script to run when item details are modified” you must have a script. To look what does this script, go in “Administration > System configuration > Scripting”.

If you want we can do a skype call to review the script together.

Advantages: A correct configuration with an update script on save

Drawback: any

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: PLM-Sylvain.Bailly

Thanks for the help. The solution that worked for me, provided by Autodesk:

"

1. Undo the previous approval that got the change order into the "CCB Review" state, where it appears to be locked.
  2. You should then be able to move over to the Affected Items tab and remove the item referenced in this change request. Make a note of the item, as you will want to create a new change order for it later on.
  3. Cancel the Change Orders that appear to be stuck after performing Steps 1 and 2 in each.
  4. Recreate the change order without any inactive users. This should allow you to push it through."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report