Fusion Educators (Read-Only)
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Educational access

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
vkellerYANYQ
650 Views, 26 Replies

Educational access

I had educational access to Fusion. I received an email from Autodesk indicating that my educational access was going to expire, and that I should renew it. I tried to renew it, but it did not work. After a long process with Autodesk support it was renewed. It showed educational access at the top. I opened that program last week, and now it says your trial expires in a few days. It had been working with educational access, and now it says trial. I tried logging out and back in again. It did not fix the problem. I went to try to use it today, and I get a screen that says "tell us a little more about you". I filled out the information, but you can't get off of the screen. Now I can't use Fusion at all. I have opened a support ticket, but have not gotten a response. Classes have started and I can't use the software now. I have been an advocate for Fusion at the University and got some of the professors to apply for educational access. They are having a hard time getting access. This is very frustrating. Fusion is a great program. I appreciate that Autodesk is giving educational access, but if I can't use it, what good is it?

26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27
dan.banach
in reply to: vkellerYANYQ

Hi @vkellerYANYQ 

Sorry that you’re having this issue. This could be a browser cache issue. Please try the following in an Incognito Window in Chrome.

To acquire a Fusion 360 Education license, do the following.

1. Create or renew your Autodesk Account in a Chrome browser in Incognito mode.
    1. Start Google Chrome in Incognito Mode on Windows 11 / 10 · Right-click the “Google Chrome” shortcut on your desktop and then select New Incognito Window.

danbanach_0-1694304698146.png

This step is done after your eligibility has been confirmed.
To acquire or renew a Fusion 360 Education license, do the following.

1. Sign into the Autodesk Education site and if needed verify your eligibility.
  2. On the Individual tab, on the Fusion 360 product card click "Get product".

danbanach_1-1694304698146.png

1. Then click "ACCESS".

danbanach_2-1694304698147.png

1. Launch Fusion 360 (if you're running Fusion from a browser, you can cancel the install).
  2. If the Education license does not appear on the top of the screen as shown in the following image, sign out and back into Fusion 360.

danbanach_3-1694304698147.png

Please keep us posted.

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 27
vkellerYANYQ
in reply to: dan.banach

I had educational access. When I had to renew it took Autodesk support a long time to resolve the problem. Finally they said it was a webpage issue and to apply again. I did and it was working. Last week I went to use Fusion, and instead of showing educational access at the top of the screen, it showed it was a trial, and that it was going to expire soon. I signed out of Fusion and signed back in. It did not fix the issue. I uninstalled, and reinstalled Fusion. It did not fix the problem. I put in a ticket with Autodesk support a week ago. I received a confirmation and a case number, but I have not received any communication from support. When I log into Fusion I get a screen that says tell us more about yourself. I filled it out, but I can't get off the screen. Classes have started, and Fusion is unusable. I have recommended this to other staff, and they are having a hard time getting access.

Case number 20868139

Message 4 of 27
dan.banach

Hi @vkellerYANYQ 

After confirming your eligibility, did you renew the education license of Fusion as described below?

To renew a Fusion 360 Education license, do the following.

1. Sign into the Autodesk Education site and if needed verify your eligibility.

danbanach_0-1694604113131.png

1. Then click "ACCESS".

danbanach_1-1694604113132.png

1. Launch Fusion 360 (if you're running Fusion from a browser, you can cancel the install).
  2. If the Education license does not appear on the top of the screen as shown in the following image, sign out and back into Fusion 360.

danbanach_2-1694604113132.png

Please keep us posted.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 5 of 27
vkellerYANYQ

Hi,

I have educational access. I have had educational access. I have attached a screen shot of the webpage that confirms my educational access through August of 2024.

At the top of the screen in Fusion, it shows that it is a trial and will expire. I tried logging out and back in again, it still shows that it is a trial.

I have uninstalled the software, downloaded from the website and installed it again. When I log in it still shows that it is a trial.

After I log into Fusion there is a screen that says to tell us more about yourself. I filled it out. I can't get off of the screen.

The software is unusable.

Message 6 of 27
dan.banach

Hi @vkellerYANYQ 

After confirming your eligibility, you're not automatically given licenses for Autodesk software. Did you go through the steps I listed above about acquiring a Fusion Education license? In your screen capture, click on Get Autodesk Software, then click on the Fusion product card > Get Product > Access.

danbanach_0-1694639244476.png

Keep us posted.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 7 of 27
vkellerYANYQ

I have followed the procedure several times. When I click "get software" I am presented with another screen. I don't get a screen that says "access" I have attached a screenshot of what I get. I followed the instructions. When it go to install the software, it says that I already have Fusion installed, and then asks if I want to open Fusion.

Message 8 of 27
educator23

Hi @vkellerYANYQ 

Thanks for the screen capture, this helped. What is your role at your school; Student, Educator, or IT Admin?

From the screen capture I can see that your only able to get software for your school and not individual software. This is why you're not seeing what I described.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

-Dan

Message 9 of 27
vkellerYANYQ
in reply to: educator23

I support the Interactive Digital Media Lab, that teaches 3D printing, CNC, Laser, and Interactive graphics and animation. I have had educational access with Fusion installed on my PC for all of last year. It is only after renewing my educational access that the problem started. I am still in the same support position that I was when I first received educational access. I have Fusion currently installed on my PC. There have been so many problems trying to renew the access. It was finally working. It was only last week that the license changed from educational access to a trial version. It seems that there is some problem with the licensing system. Fusion support has not responded to my support ticket. Why would it have been working fine after the renewal, and suddenly stop working. I appreciate your trying to help, but it's getting nowhere.

Message 10 of 27
vkellerYANYQ

I had individual access before. There is some other problem and it feels like Autodesk support does not want to be bothered.
Message 11 of 27
vkellerYANYQ
in reply to: educator23

I should add that I am part of the IT department. Media Operations is part of the IT department.

Message 12 of 27
vkellerYANYQ

This is what I get when I log into Fusion. I get this screen, and after filling it out, I can't get off the screen, or exit the software. I have to use task manager to close Fusion. I tried some of the other Autodesk software that is available for educational access and I can get it. I am only having a problem with Fusion. I have attached a screenshot.

Message 13 of 27
dan.banach

Hi @vkellerYANYQ 

Sorry for the issues you're experiencing. When your Autodesk Education Role role is set to IT Admin, you can only get software for your school, which is what I believe is happening. This role gives you access to the Fusion Lab install and network licenses for Autodesk desktop software.

As an Educator you'll see the Individual tab and the Class/Lab tab.
danbanach_0-1694651695786.png

If you need to run Fusion, there are few option.

1. Create another Autodesk Account with another school email address and create the profile as an Educator.
  2. Ask an educator at your school, to assign you a license of Fusion. Here is a link to the instructions: 

Fusion 360 Educator Guide - Option 2

3. I can submit a request to have your Autodesk Profile be reset, then you could recreate the profile as an Educator. This process could take a few days.

Please let me know how you'd like to proceed.

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 14 of 27
vkellerYANYQ

Hi Dan,

I appreciate your help. If you can put in a request to have my profile reset I will put it in as an educator. Since I am teaching professors and some students about 3D modeling software, and how to 3D print, I should qualify. The University does not issue multiple email addresses to one individual. I think your recommendation is the best way to proceed.

Thanks,

Vern

Message 15 of 27
dan.banach

Hi @vkellerYANYQ 

Thanks for confirming. I'll submit a request to have your Education Profile reset. I'll keep you posted.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 16 of 27
jmackniak

Welcome to the club!   

I cant wrap my head around this either.  It is frustrating.  

Message 17 of 27
dan.banach

Hi @jmackniak 

Can you clarify. Are you also an IT Admin that needs to run Fusion?

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 18 of 27
dan.banach

Hi @vkellerYANYQ 

Your Autodesk Education Account has been reset. Please sign into the Autodesk Education site and recreate your Education Profile as an Educator.

Keep us posted.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 19 of 27
jmackniak

here we go again.   Same issue, but not as bad, some students were successful and some are not.  I need help getting the students who were denied access but dont have any idea where to start.   the message they receive  states ' there was a snag' and we are working on it.

The students that are successful run into the 30 day trial issue when they should have access foe 365 days. how to correct this??

Message 20 of 27
dan.banach

Hi @jmackniak 

Can you tell us where your students are receiving the error?

For those students who are in a 30 day trial. Please ask them to acquire a Fusion Education license by doing the following.

1. Go to Autodesk Education site and sig in.

danbanach_0-1698685469892.png

1. Click on "ACCESS".

danbanach_1-1698685469893.png

2. If the Education license does not appear on the top of Fusion's screen as shown in the following image, sign out and back into Fusion 360.

danbanach_2-1698685469893.png

Please keep us posted.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report