Fusion Educators (Read-Only)
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Educational access

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
vkellerYANYQ
671 Views, 26 Replies

Educational access

I had educational access to Fusion. I received an email from Autodesk indicating that my educational access was going to expire, and that I should renew it. I tried to renew it, but it did not work. After a long process with Autodesk support it was renewed. It showed educational access at the top. I opened that program last week, and now it says your trial expires in a few days. It had been working with educational access, and now it says trial. I tried logging out and back in again. It did not fix the problem. I went to try to use it today, and I get a screen that says "tell us a little more about you". I filled out the information, but you can't get off of the screen. Now I can't use Fusion at all. I have opened a support ticket, but have not gotten a response. Classes have started and I can't use the software now. I have been an advocate for Fusion at the University and got some of the professors to apply for educational access. They are having a hard time getting access. This is very frustrating. Fusion is a great program. I appreciate that Autodesk is giving educational access, but if I can't use it, what good is it?

26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27
dan.banach
in reply to: jmackniak

Hi @jmackniak 

Can you please give us more details about when and what the students' are doing when they get this error (screen captures would be helpful)? Can you also private message the email addresses of a few students who are getting this error?

Thanks,

-Dan  

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 22 of 27
jmackniak
in reply to: dan.banach

Today was better then yesterday.  All the students filled out the form the same way and offer their proof of enrollment the same way.  Most were successful today and were able to access Fusion without any hiccups.  However, I still have a handful of students (about half) that only have the 30 day trial.  how do we straighten out their subscription? 

Message 23 of 27
dan.banach
in reply to: vkellerYANYQ

Hi @jmackniak 

After confirming your Autodesk Education eligibility, you next need to acquire the desired licenses. Please ask your students to do the following.

1. Go to Autodesk Education site and sign in with your Autodesk credentials.
  2. On the Individual tab, on the Fusion 360 product card click "Get product".

danbanach_0-1698773205673.png

1. Click on "ACCESS".

danbanach_1-1698773205675.png

1. Launch Fusion 360 (if you're running Fusion from a browser, you can cancel the install).
  2. If the Education license does not appear on the top of Fusion's screen as shown in the following image, sign out and back into Fusion 360.

danbanach_2-1698773205676.png

Please let us know if this helps.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 24 of 27
jmackniak

students follow: Go to Autodesk Education site and sign in with your Autodesk credentials. On the Individual tab, on the Fusion 360 product card click "Get product"

they do not 'get' the  "Get Product "   option    they get directed to the Student application site again  where there is a message that states " you are eligible for the software...."    but they still have the 30 trial

Message 25 of 27
dan.banach

Hi @jmackniak 

This could be a browser cache issue. Please ask your students to do the following.

1. Start an Incognito window in your Chrome browser.
    1. Start Google Chrome
    2. Press Ctrl + Shift + N keys together.
      Or
    3. On the top-right corner of the Chrome browser, click on the three vertical dots > New Incognito window.

danbanach_0-1698849657268.png

1. Then acquire the Fusion Education license by following the steps in my previous post.

Please keep us posted.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 26 of 27
jmackniak

Unfortunately, we (students and teacher) cannot go incognito at school/work.     Is there another method to try?

Message 27 of 27
dan.banach

Hi @jmackniak 

Do you have a different browser that you can try or can t=your students complete the process on their own computer at home?

You can also look into assigning your students licenses of Fusion. By assigning licenses to your students, they won’t go through the verification process. For instructions on how to assign a license, refer to page 7 & 8 in the Fusion 360 Educator Guide.

Let us knw if this helps.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report