Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wrap body around circle

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2265 Views, 3 Replies

wrap body around circle

I've drawn a watch strap that I want to print on my 3D printer using flexible filament.  I created the strap as a flat piece but need to now curve it as though it was wrapped around a wrist (cylinder is sufficient) due to printing size and so it will keep its shape better.  Is there a way to sweep the entire object along a circle, causing the circle to then be the centerline?  I've attempted it but the selection is for "faces" not "bodies".  This is a strap for a Fitness Tracker SE, if that gives you an idea of what I'm trying to create.  Maybe creating a spiral rather than circle sweep?  Help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TrippyLighting
in reply to: Anonymous

Here you go.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: TrippyLighting

This is great!  Will I need to start over or is there a way to attach my current strap design to the sheet metal function?  Also, I have a taper to the watch strap where it is thicker at the face and thinner at the ends of the strap.  Any help on creating the sketch on the perpendicular plane, then joining the flat strap design to the sheet metal extrusion?

Thank you!!

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm still struggling with this, haven't had a chance to get back to it for a while though.  My watch strap is created laying flat and I want to attach it to the unfolded sheet metal form I've created.  I'm still learning how to navigate through planes and sketches on here, I primarily use AutoCAD classic at my job so this is a very different interface than I'm used to.  How can I attach the sheet metal to the current body with the flat part of the sheet metal flange at the face of the watch strap?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report