Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wood simulation on Fusion 360

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
3061 Views, 3 Replies

Wood simulation on Fusion 360

I use a MacBook air. I work on airplane models and use wood as main material. I need to run simulation I mean static loads etc. FEA on wood. Is there any alternative to fusion 360. (Maybe add wood sim in fusion) What can I use for mac to study wood or i’ll have to get solidworks ?

static test when initiated the wood is described as Non-linear material and fusion can’t run the simulation.

It says some components use a material with invalid properties.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rajeshpolamuri
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous 

it will be a bit difficult to study static test on Nonlinear Materials 

Because natural properties may-not be same all the time 
it may changes from tree to tree :[ 

rajeshpolamuri007_0-1592921554180.png

Hi everyone, I am Rajesh. I am graduate of Mechanical Engineering in India. I am passionate on creative works like CAD, Art's, Edits, Designing, Etc..... I am also an Autodesk Student Ambassador. I was always shows my interests on the works. Which makes effective and updating every time, With the modern world.
Message 3 of 4
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

What can I use for mac to study wood or i’ll have to get solidworks ?

What type of analysis would you run in SolidWorks? (trick question)

Message 4 of 4

@Anonymous  

But you can set up own material If you have appropriate material properties in Fusion 360.
(We have an option in Simulation environment) Go To: MATERIALS > Manage Physical MaterialsMaterials management.png

Hi everyone, I am Rajesh. I am graduate of Mechanical Engineering in India. I am passionate on creative works like CAD, Art's, Edits, Designing, Etc..... I am also an Autodesk Student Ambassador. I was always shows my interests on the works. Which makes effective and updating every time, With the modern world.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report