Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wood Carving texture

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ruben_van_lerberghe
2499 Views, 6 Replies

Wood Carving texture

Hello,

I wonder what the best way would be to create a 'random' carved surface, as seen on the image attached...

carving1.jpeg

Thanks a million !

Ruben 

Labels (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Fusion 360 is probably not the best tool for this. It looks like you'd be best off designing this as a height map in Photoshop (some kind of Voronoi tesselation with both sharp edges and a blurred background) and using that as a texture in, e.g., Blender.

Message 3 of 7

Hi,

V-Carve (Vectric) offers suitable tools for such things.

günther

Message 4 of 7

I#ve done such things in Blender with a voronoi texture and then imported the resulting quad mesh into Fusion 360. it’s ok for occasional use and I can demonstrate how to do it.

For repeated or even frequent use I’d follow @g-andresen‘s advise.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7

Hello and thanks for your reply.

a démonstration would be very much appreciated since it won’t be for repeated use. So rather use a free program in combination with fusion @TrippyLighting 

Message 6 of 7

Here is an image of the result:

Voronoi Displace.png

I created this video a couple of years ago. The Blender UI looks a bit different now, but the overall process is still the same. If you only need a texture a flat plane, there is no need to export anything from Fusion 360.

Simply create a plane in Blender and subdivide it so you have enough geometry for the displacement modifier to do its job. Keep polygon number in check and make sure your computer has enough memory 😉

EESignature

Message 7 of 7

thanks a lot ! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report