Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I edit a 2D sketch spline after I create it?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
JetForMe
197 Views, 3 Replies

Why can't I edit a 2D sketch spline after I create it?

There seem to be no end to the issues with splines. None of the solutions I've found online seem to fix it for me, or address my specific situation. Spines were working well enough for me a few days ago, but now aren't.

I'm working in a sketch, have no projected geometry, no constraints. I create a spline with a single point between endpoints. Once the spline is deactivated, I no longer seem to be able to activate it and edit it. I can use the move command on individual points, but I can't adjust the handles except during the initial creation.

I tried to upload a screencast but it just immediately fails to upload, briefly flashing something about sign in, but I'm signed in (had to sign in when I launched the screencast app, and it only offers Sign Out in the menu).

MacBook Pro, PCNC1100 Series 3, Slant-PRO 15L Lathe, Custom AvidCNC-based 4x9' CNC Router w/24k 4.5 kW HSD Spindle & Teknic SDSK Servos
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wersy
in reply to: JetForMe

Please upload your file.

Message 3 of 4
davebYYPCU
in reply to: JetForMe

Confirm the spline is still 2d, select it, right click - if you have Move to Sketch Plane, as a Menu item, 

it is no longer 2d.  If 3d spline, you have to adjust the handle end points with the Move Tool.

Not the case?  File will be needed for review.

Might help….

Message 4 of 4
JetForMe
in reply to: davebYYPCU

Seems I just needed to relaunch Fusion. Sigh.

MacBook Pro, PCNC1100 Series 3, Slant-PRO 15L Lathe, Custom AvidCNC-based 4x9' CNC Router w/24k 4.5 kW HSD Spindle & Teknic SDSK Servos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report