Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Checkerboard When Selecting Component

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
mattias.fagerlund
337 Views, 8 Replies

Weird Checkerboard When Selecting Component

Just today, when I'm using Fusion 360, I get a weird checkerboard pattern on my model - but only when I zoom out. I didn't have this problem yesterday - and I *think* I may have received a new version of Fusion 360. I have the latest NVIDIA graphics drivers.

So - when I don't select a Component, it looks good at any zoom level. Selecting a component, it goes bonkers when I zoom out.

Any ideas what's going on? It makes it VERY hard to work...

CheckerboardedCheckerboardedNot CheckerboardedNot Checkerboarded

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

[Removed]

Message 3 of 9
Phil.E
in reply to: mattias.fagerlund

Can you try the solution described in this link and let me know if it helps. This is an issue we are working on, and there is a workaround. I just want you to try it to ensure this is the same problem we are working to fix.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-support/display-bug-in-new-version-v-2-0-8111-april-13-202...

Thanks,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 9
mattias.fagerlund
in reply to: Phil.E

Unfortunately, I have the issue whether I set it to "Better Performance" or "Better Display" - I'll post this in the linked case if I can.

Still Broken.png

Message 5 of 9
Phil.E
in reply to: mattias.fagerlund

Can you try the other setting above that one? Selection display style. Set it to simple.

For sure looks like hardware (graphics). Have you updated graphics drivers lately? 

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 9

Thanks for reaching out.

Would you please try following operations to help us narrow down the issue:

• After you set to "Better performance" in the preferences, please switch to any other design tab and then switch back. Is the issue still reproducible?
  • Please try your case with other simple model to see if the issue is still reproducible.
Regards,
Sally

Sally Yang
Software QA Engineer
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 9
mattias.fagerlund
in reply to: Phil.E

Hi, I have the latest drivers for my GTX1080 - but the problem seems quite intermittent, and now the issue went away. Now I can set the graphics to any of the combinations to no ill effect. If I find a way to reproduce it, I'll post again.

thanks,

/m

Message 8 of 9

Ah, switching to another design tab did help!

/mattias

Message 9 of 9

Glad to hear that the workaround took effect. Thanks!

The fix of this issue is coming soon, we will keep you updated.

Regards,
Sally

Sally Yang
Software QA Engineer
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report