Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visible clues for Fix/Unfix

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
kjellhar
1225 Views, 5 Replies

Visible clues for Fix/Unfix

I'm sure this has been answered before, but I cannot seem to find it mentioned specifically.

Is there any way to know if a feature in the sketch environment is fixed or not. Since the Fix/Unfix is a toggle function, I usually end up toggling it, then try to change a dimension to see if it moves.

Hmm, wait a minute. Looking very close I can see that it changes color ever so slightly to greenish. Could that be it?

If so, I vote for a bit more obvious sign. Maybe a little bit brighter green, and perhaps making the line a bit bolder too. I have looked long and hard, and I haven't noticed that until just now (Two different computers, one with calibrated monitor)

Kjell

Micro electronics expert, CAD/CAM enthusiast
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
martin.zatecka
in reply to: kjellhar

Hello,

the color of fixed entity is really green. At gray background the first look seems like nothing changed.

It looks like a something what we could improve.

fixed feature.png

regards

Martin

Martin Zatecka
UX Designer
Message 3 of 6
kjellhar
in reply to: martin.zatecka

Yep, As I said, I vote for something a bit more obvious.

I'm also guess in that changing the color a bit is a veeery quick fix, or it should be if your code base is anyting close to readable.

I'll post it at the Idea station.

Kjell

Micro electronics expert, CAD/CAM enthusiast
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: kjellhar

I'm really struggling spotting the green color for fixed points.  I agree a new shade of green seems an easy fix but nothing has happened yet.  I have a sketch that doesn't have the red lock and I think its lacking fixed a point.  Did you find a workaround for spotting the green shade (especially for points).?

Message 5 of 6
etfrench
in reply to: Anonymous

One of the cardinal rules for software accessibility is to not use only color to convey meaning.  It seems Autodesk either doesn't know there are rules or they have chosen to ignore them: https://www.justice.gov/crt/software-accessibility-checklist

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: etfrench

I almost mentioned ADA too.  I find that turning off profile, grid and almost everything helps.  Another recommendation for fusion would be to have Fix and unfix be context sensitive so the drop down menu only offered FIX or UNFIX.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report