Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with workflow for making conversion mounts for PCBs

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
info
181 Views, 1 Reply

Need help with workflow for making conversion mounts for PCBs

Hello, wondering if anyone could help, I will prefix this by saying I am a novice with 360  so sorry if this is a silly question. 

My project is switching out one PCB for another PCB and I'm trying to make an interface bracket to match the current mounting holes but with standoffs for the new PCB (Replacing a NanoPi M1 with a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+).

My first attempt has been importing a model of the PCBs and projecting the geometry of the holes onto a new sketch and this seemed to work until I needed to move one of the sketches so I could get the right offset (its a bit of trial and error as I need to print/mount/check clearance/adjust, but it seems I am unable to move the sketches to change the offset and they have a little red padlock next to them. 

Am I approaching this from totally the wrong angle? Any advice would be very welcome. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
etfrench
in reply to: info

Each sketch should be in its own component.  This allows you to position the sketch using joints.  The red lock on the sketch simply means all of the geometry in the sketch is fully constrained.  It doesn't block moving or editing the sketch.  Edit the joint offsets to move the extruded holes while maintaining their relative positions. Edit sketch dimensions to change the hole positions relative to each other.

ETFrench

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report