Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNDO Ctrl+z NOT WORKING

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
sharathnaik33
23250 Views, 9 Replies

UNDO Ctrl+z NOT WORKING

After the new first update of JAN 2017 I realized that during edit form when something goes wrong the, ctrl+z (to go step back) command doesn't work anymore. Same case during move command. Am I the only one facing it? It's really irritating cause I use that command quite often.

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ahreum.ryu
in reply to: sharathnaik33

Hi @sharathnaik33

sorry about that I tried to reproduce it but I couldn't. this is my step could you take a look at this? and if i missed soemthing could you let me know? 

Is there any speific things on your machine?? I've tested it using Mac and win... hum... what is your OS? 

I look forward to your reply.

Many thanks. 

Message 3 of 10
sharathnaik33
in reply to: ahreum.ryu

Yes, that works. But there's a problem. It works when your model doesn't cover your whole screen. If that's the case then we need to zoom out then undo and again zoom in. Previous undo was fine now it's bit irritating. 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

But why did you add this, @ahreum.ryu? Clicking the grid to enable CTRL+Z adds a useless step and doesn't make anything easier.

Message 5 of 10
sharathnaik33

Not just the edit form. Even when you use Move command if you do any mistake while moving you can't do undo using Ctrl+z, This is very irritating. I am using win 10.

Message 6 of 10
ahreum.ryu

Hi @sharathnaik33

Thank you for replying! I finally got it! I reported it to development team (FUS-30116) and if I receive any response I will get back to you.

but regarding move command,,, I couldn't reproduce it could you show me about that issue through Screencast

@Anonymous, I'm sorry I don't get it. I just tried to reproduce his issue... did I miss something on the avi?? 

if I can do anything for you, please let me know Smiley Embarassed

Many thanks~ 

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Hey Everyone,

I had a similar issue with the undo command, using AutoCAD MEP 2016. I am used to just typing "u" in the command line & hitting the space bar multiple times as a back my way thru my drawing using the undo command. for me the undo command would change the first 5 or so moves, the I would have to hit it like 25 times  to get to the next undo. after messing around with the undo settings, here is what I did to make undo act like I am used to.

1) type "undo" in command line

2) On the command prompt, select or type "A" for the auto settings.

3) Change to Off

this seems to dumb down to whole command to what I am used to, as opposed to having more control options with the new release.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm working in AutoCAD, but was experiencing this same problem. Pat_Haze_29's solution was perfect.

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

go to windows, settings/preferences, preferences -> Undo - you can switch it off/on there

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report