Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to select correct line to break, regardless of which component or sketch is activated

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
eric.martinSTBA8
370 Views, 9 Replies

Unable to select correct line to break, regardless of which component or sketch is activated

I'm new to CAD and to Fusion 360, and have been modeling a simple 3-sided corner out of individual panel components. 

I'd like to put a 1/16" chamfer on all exposed edges. 

3 edges in the model require a partial chamfer. On these edges, the chamfer should extend along the entire exposed edge--but not into the joint with the adjacent panel. 

(These joints are called "housed rabbets" in woodworking terminology). 

When I invoke the <break> command, I seem to be unable to select the correct line to break, no matter which component I've activated, or which face I've started sketching on. I seem to be able to break the construction lines I'm drawing -- just not the edges that actually require breaking. 

I'd appreciate better insight into how <break> works, and/or advice on how to accomplish this in some other way.  

Thank you in advance. 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

It is always better if your work is available as an f3d file so that sizes and contexts can be better recognized.
when your sketches are switched on, fusion will always grab the sketch lines first. this is also the case with surfaces. the way you set the folds is that the technical way? I know such folds - but the ends long before the corner so that it is not weakened. greetings mango
Message 3 of 10

@mango.freund Thanks for the welcome greeting! 

Attaching an .f3d file for further context. 

Best, 

Eric 

Message 4 of 10

Unbenannt.PNG

Nice task - thank you. so you have to cut the surfaces so that the continuous fold lines are interrupted. many outer edges are easy to make with champfer. the inner edges with extrude on the object. greetins mango

Message 5 of 10
davebYYPCU
in reply to: mango.freund

Easy with 3d Sweep, but not parametric, as I had to Break Link the (projected) path lines.

iccdb.PNG

Might help....

Message 6 of 10

After familiarizing myself with a handful of new features .... I got it to work! Thanks so much @mango.freund; much appreciated indeed. 

All the best, 
Eric 

Message 7 of 10

@davebYYPCU Much appreciate your assistance ... thank you!! 

Message 8 of 10

I figured out the way to make it parametric if interested.  

Will send an updated file bit later in the day.

Message 9 of 10

File updated.

Message 10 of 10

@davebYYPCU It looks like you created a 3d sketch path along the inner edge to be chamfered. Clever.  Thank you again! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report