Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Boundary Fill

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mkrsmanovic
132 Views, 2 Replies

Unable to Boundary Fill

I'm trying to boundary fill in the attached part and pass the resulting body/volume to CFD software. No matter what I try nothing works. The best I was able to get was an exact copy of the body. Following various tutorials I tried constructing offset planes to select as tools, etc. but no luck. Any ideas on how to do this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
laughingcreek
in reply to: mkrsmanovic

can't tell you how you did this b/c there's no history in the model. btu when you select the outer face of the main pipe section you can see some of the face slips up under the bulging bit in the middle-

laughingcreek_0-1716402469523.png

looking at this are with a section analysis, you can see there is a leak here-

laughingcreek_1-1716402508659.png

close up=

laughingcreek_2-1716402524731.png

it would be better/easier to fix the model if the timeline where present. but you can go in on the back end and delete those little faces and hope the model properly self heals (it seems to in this case).  I've attached your model with this done.  history was tuned on so you can see what i've done.  wasn't sure if you needed just the internal volume, or the part and the volume together in the boundary fill.  i'll let you fix that according to your need.

Message 3 of 3
mkrsmanovic
in reply to: mkrsmanovic

Those little... I made it work by deleting them. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report