Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apparent glitch in Sketch can't move underconstrained point or line.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jscott6SWZG
225 Views, 3 Replies

Apparent glitch in Sketch can't move underconstrained point or line.

Please see component cam:1 sketch cam.

I am trying to edit the top left of the sketch.  There is a blue line connected to an 45 constrained line, extended from the projected line.

I and enter a line and grab the ends or middle and move it around, but as soon as I connect to the constrained line i am unable to move anything about the blue line.

Why????

When I try to change the length dimension of the line it gives the error failed to solve, I can see no constraints added to the line other than the one coincident constraint.

Oh and I have rebooted fusion

Okay I have some green projected lines if a draw a line from a green point the  line is constrained coincident when the line is created and the rest of the line remains free to move, but when I connect to the purple projection, the line is not automatically constrained to the point, and is free to move, but as soon as I make one end coincident to the purple geometry the line is not free to lengthen or rotate about the point?

The sketch has no warnings to review.

Okay so now I can add a line to the purple geometry, and it becomes coincident and can be moved, as is expected, and the dimensions are working again......

No idea what i  did to "fix it" feels glitchy.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
John_Wright
in reply to: jscott6SWZG

John_Wright_0-1716473978724.png

This vertical constraint here seems very odd. If you delete it you can move the line around freely...

Message 3 of 4
HughesTooling
in reply to: jscott6SWZG

Personally I'd say you have way too much in this single sketch the makes it hard for you to debug and for Fusion to solve.

Always try to avoid lines\arc on top of each other like this.

If you delete the circle all starts to work again. Try to avoid symmetry in sketches and mirror the features\faces on the solid and keep the sketch as simple as possible!

HughesTooling_0-1716475911944.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
jscott6SWZG
in reply to: HughesTooling

Thanks guys that helps alot.   I knew it was getting to complicated.   I will start all over again and sort everything out.   I was trying to get to a workable prototype, before the big redo.   Think i can get there, from here. Just need a couple more parts.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report