Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate tier of Fusion 360, please explain

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
WyzeOwl
1158 Views, 8 Replies

Ultimate tier of Fusion 360, please explain

I just got an email from Autodesk Communications inviting me to a deal on a new Surface Book which will include the Ultimate tier of Fusion 360 at a reduced price. I was unaware of the "Ultimate" tier until i did some googling. the Ultimate tier was suggested, it seems, about 2 years ago at a rate of $100.00/month. The Ultimate Tier includes drawings and 3 axis machining - among other things. Currently i have access to drawings (haven't used 3 axis machining yet) which brings up the question; do i already have the Ultimate Fusion 360? When I look at the license version in the help file, the version is simply stated as Fusion 360. A bigger concern is that if Autodesk Communications is promoting the sale of a Surface Book which includes Fusion 360 Ultimate, does that mean that a tiered licensing program in imminent? And if so, will i lose modules because I cannot afford $100.00/month and I will be forced into the lower tier or to seek an alternative to Fusion. I would like the Fusion team to be up front about what to expect going forward. How will the current version of Fusion be parceled and how will licensing be structured in terms of stripping modules. The discussion about Fusion Ultimate 360 mentions that paying customers who are current at the time of transition will be grandfathered into the Ultimate version for life. Is this still part of the plan? The first post below is about 2 years old - which kinda says that this is still on the back burner. The second post tells that the features of ultimate are currently rolled into the version i have - this makes sense because i have what seems to be an Ultimate version. However, Autodesk Communications seems to be telling me that there is an Ultimate version with the purchase of a Surface Book. Can we get some clarity here please? http://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/blog/expanding-the-fusion-360-family-introducing-fusion-... http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/computer-aided-machining-cam/fusion-360-ultimate-features-moving-down-...
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hello @WyzeOwl

You can verify your current subscription by clicking on "About" - you will find it under the "?" dropdown in the upper right (as shown in the picture below).

To ease your concern, Fusion 360 Ultimate has not taken away functionality from Fusion 360 Standard ($300 annual sub). Fusion 360 Ultimate introduced high end functionality for simulation (Nastran based FEA) and CAM (3+2 axis CAM and simultaneous 5axis) OVER AND ABOVE what is available in Fusion 360 Standard. You will more details in the links below:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Aut...

http://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/subscribe

Hope this helps. 

Cheers,

-srinath

About.JPG

Message 3 of 9

Yup, I did check the About file and did see that I am Fusion 360. No mention of Standard or Ultimate though. My concern is about the email invitation to buy a Surface Book and get Ultimate. It is not clear what license I have.

Cheers
Chris Westerby
647 393 8030
905 567 9327

[Merry Christmas]
Message 4 of 9

If the About box says Active Plan: Fusion 360, then you have the Standard version and NOT Ultimate.

Cheers,

-srinath

Message 5 of 9
CGPM
in reply to: WyzeOwl

It looks like you have some very old information, like close to 2 years old, and a lot has changed since then.  The standard version of Fusion is far better and Ultimate just came back a month ago.  I think the difference between the two now is 4 and 5 axis machining and simulation. 

Message 6 of 9

@srinath.jonnalagadda can you get all that old stuff removed, this is not the first time this has come up.

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 7 of 9

Will do @daniel_lyall

Message 8 of 9

That's what was said last time

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 9 of 9

This time for real ;). We took down old blog posts that reference Ultimate. 

On the forum posts, it is not that straight forward because the same reasoning of "something changed" applies to everything related to product as well. Long story short - we are looking into an archival option for forum posts. Which means older references to Ultimate will show up in Forum search for now.

Cheers,

-srinath

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report