Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to export event simulation results and models for external analysis.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
325 Views, 1 Reply

Trying to export event simulation results and models for external analysis.

I have been running some simple impact echo simulations with Fusion 360 and I was hitting a few roadblocks. 

Before getting into exporting, I wanted to ask if there was a way to create a transient point load at the center of a surface as opposed to a load on an entire face. 

On the topic of exporting data:

I ran an event simulation to see how stress propagates from an impact on a cube. The impact was modeled as a transient load which was acting on the center of a cube face (on an artifact modeled to take the load as I wasnt sure how to make point transient loads). I ran the simulation for 1000 time steps and I have been trying to export any usable data from it. 

I placed a probe near the impact point and plotted the graphs for stress-time and dispalcement-time. I would like to be able to export this data to run further analyses on it. I used SimResults.ExportActiveResults, but that only exported the simulation state at a single time step. Is there a way to export the data from all timesteps?

The other question I had regarding exporting is that I wanted to run a different simulation using Altair Hypermesh and I was not sure in what format I would have to export my fusion 360 models. 

I would really appreciate help in this matter, I have been googling and reading through documentation for a few weeks not without much progress.

Thanks!

Labels (5)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
shekar_sub
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Ashish,

>transient point load at the center of a surface as opposed to a load on an entire face. 

while we do not have the exact thing you are looking for you can create a Transiet Force load with limit target option. Its under Loads,->Transient Loads->Transient Force, Direction type=Angle and Limit Target option ON. Please see attached images.

LimitTarget.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 4.32.30 PM.png

Wrt to exporting the data for all time steps I'm not aware of a method. However you can export all the different results types by changing the result type in the legend bar and repeating the command.

Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 4.45.19 PM.png

This is not what you are looking for I guess. 

You can export the model as STEP and then you will have to setup the model in Altair again to do the analysis. We do not have any direct import into Altair of the setup to to the analysis as of now. 

Best regards

shekar

  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report