Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Try to "extrude" a looping to make a cut in a design :s

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
544 Views, 8 Replies

Try to "extrude" a looping to make a cut in a design :s

Hi!

I've a little problem and I don't know where I need to focus to solve it...

As you can see on the following pictures, I make a looping and another structure to fit in it. (it's the beggining of the Sonic looping design) But my problem is to cut this structure to have only it on the looping and not cover all and close the entrance...

I fist thinked about make an extrusion of the back of the looping to make a difference cut but extrusion didn't work on this kind of shape... I also try on surface but same result

I'm not an expert so I'm sure that I missed something but what?

Thanks for you help!

2020-09-01_09h12_31.jpg2020-09-01_09h12_44.jpg2020-09-01_09h13_11.jpg2020-09-01_09h13_18.jpg

What I want to do :

7a57fa859b56d7ed61ec8d5fd224c100

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
chrisplyler
in reply to: Anonymous

Export your file as an Archive (.f3d file), save it to your hard drive, and attach it to your next post.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: chrisplyler

sorry i can't...

could you just explain me how to do please?

Message 4 of 9
TheCADWhisperer

Make up a dummy file that exhibits the same desired behavior and Attach here.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

It's not possible to just have a process? Is it possible to extrude a looping to make a difference? Another solution?

Message 6 of 9
laughingcreek

always easier to explain after seeing a users model.  but take a look at the attached for 1 idea (there's probably dozens of ways to approach this)-

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: laughingcreek

Thanks a lot!

I have a question. In your example, you made carve the structure into the looping, but my looping is made with a profile like a U and I don't have any thickness under it. I know that I just can edit all profiles I use, but I want to know if it's possible to do it on another way (also to learn new techniques)

Message 8 of 9
chrisplyler

You could sketch a profile that you want to be cut along the loop, then sweep it using the loop as a guide, and set it to cut the structure.

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: chrisplyler

yes... I didn't think about this simple solution lol!

Thank you! ^^

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report