Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trace function breaking up contours...HELP!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
RDTymko
541 Views, 4 Replies

Trace function breaking up contours...HELP!

I have a sketch with all closed contours and I am trying to run a trace function in manufacturing and the trace tool path keeps breaking up into small sections and it should be one continuous loop.  I have been working on trying to fix this for hours and nothing I try works.

Can someone help please?

Attached is the link to the file...

https://a360.co/31LGVJC

Thanks,

Ricahard

Labels (4)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Marco.Takx
in reply to: RDTymko

Hi @RDTymko,

Did a few tweaks.

Setup was missing reference and tool orientation was active.

This isn't necessary because the Z-axis is in the same direction.

If my post answers your question Please use Accept as Solution & Kudos This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Met vriendelijke groet | Kind regards | Mit freundlichem Gruß

Marco Takx
CAM Programmer & CAM Consultant

Message 3 of 5
RDTymko
in reply to: Marco.Takx

Hi Marco,  thanks for the reply.  However your alterations did not fix the issue I am having.  If you run the manufacture simulation of the trace tool path that I created,  you will see that the "r" and the "i" take two tool paths to complete the trace function for each of those letters, and it should only be one tool path for each letter except the "o" where it has an outside and an inside.

Any further insight is helpful.

https://a360.co/31LGVJC

Thanks,

Richard

Message 4 of 5
Marco.Takx
in reply to: RDTymko

Hi @RDTymko,

I’m not behind my laptop and didn’t check for that because the whole toolpath didn’t work from the beginning. 

Have you tried to use the 2Dcontour operation with the compensation OFF?

If my post answers your question Please use Accept as Solution & Kudos This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Met vriendelijke groet | Kind regards | Mit freundlichem Gruß

Marco Takx
CAM Programmer & CAM Consultant

Message 5 of 5
RDTymko
in reply to: Marco.Takx

Hi,  Im not sure what you are referring to?  The tool path work in manufacturing it just breaks up the closed loops into separate toolpaths.  I should only have 6 trace tool paths and for some reason, I now have 7,  I use to have 8.  There is an issue with contour selection and how fusion is referencing them.  I still can not get to only 6 toolpaths.

Any Ideas?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report