Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPU Frame

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
skipb48
339 Views, 9 Replies

TPU Frame

I'm still somewhat new at this fusion thing, although I have created a few items I still have a lot to learn. So, here is a link (https://a360.co/3W5XOco), to a proof of concept I created. My plan is to use this concept in building a rectangular frame around some ceramic tile, but my problem is I'm not exactly sure what is the best way to draw the frame in Fusion.  I could create a rectangular block and then with a negative extrusions to create rectangular hole but that doesn't give me the 1 mm lip at the top or the 4mm lip at the bottom. I would appreciate some suggestions.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Warmingup1953
in reply to: skipb48

Can you Share that file?

and is it Thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) ?

Message 3 of 10
davebYYPCU

Without more detail, 

Create the profile sketch.

Sweep it around the frame footprint rectangle.

Might help....

Message 4 of 10
skipb48
in reply to: Warmingup1953

Oh Yeah, I thought I mentioned TPU.

Message 5 of 10
skipb48
in reply to: davebYYPCU

Would that profile be applied to the Sketch footprint or to the extruded rectangle?

Message 6 of 10
Warmingup1953

Can you Share that file?

Message 7 of 10
skipb48
in reply to: Warmingup1953

This is the link I created with Fusion for my first message - https://a360.co/3W5XOco

Message 8 of 10
jhackney1972

You either forgot to check the ability to Download the model when you shared it or you are using a Fusion Personal License which does not allow download on shares.  Please attach your model and maybe a better idea of what your final product should look like.

If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 9 of 10
davebYYPCU

Cancel the Extrude.

in a second sketch, draw a rectangle, to suit the frame size you want, can be either connected to the inside or outside of the  base of your profile sketch.

Start the Sweep tool, select the shape in sketch one, and then the path will be the rectangle, say Ok.

Might help…..

Message 10 of 10
skipb48
in reply to: davebYYPCU

Wow, the concept worked great! Using my proof of concept as a guide, I created an end profile sketch in the new drawing on the Z axis, I set dimensions  it to what I wanted . Then, in a new sketch, on the same drawing, I created a new rectangular path on the XY axis to the outside dimensions, the origin was on the outside of the profile. Then, using the Sweep command, I selected the profile, and the rectangular sketch as the path, bingo it worked. I have attached the drawing.
I simply knew there had to be an easier way to do this that I was at first envisioning. Thanks for all the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report