Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text and arrows in drawing

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Claus_J
6802 Views, 6 Replies

Text and arrows in drawing

I'm almost done with my first real project, now I made a drawing of the object and placed a screendump for illustration purposes. Now I want to add some text and some arrows to point out some details on the placed screendump, however I can't figure out how. I can place text without an arrow but arrows will only attach to geometry. Any tips?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Claus_J
in reply to: Claus_J

Just bumping this thread hoping someone has an answer...

Message 3 of 7
cmiller66

Hi Claus_J,

You're right, Leaders require a drawing edge, this was done when we sync'd up the behavior for balloons and sheet metal bend notes.  The workaround for this would be to place the leader to an edge, enter your text, then use the Move command to move it elsewhere.  The Leader will get a yellow Disassociated Annotation badge, but that does not print or show up in pdfs.

Thanks,
Chris

Message 4 of 7
Claus_J
in reply to: cmiller66

Thanks for responding. I can confirm that it works but.... add this behaviour to the list of things that does not work as expected and requires a user to search for a solution. Before posting here I tried to do as you propose by dragging the arrow to a new position but it would just snap back to the associated edge. So you have to first use the move command to move the whole thing THEN move the arrow.

May I suggest that leaders get the ability to snap to a point (pixel?) within a placed image? That way it would move with the picture when you arrange the layout.

Message 5 of 7
grishnakk

Same here.

I am doing a technical document showing all the surface finishing of a model.

I would like to be able to place the point of the arrow on a specific area of a surface not necessarily an edge.

This would be really helpful if there was a text menu for deselecting the snap to edge option.

Message 6 of 7
jlarsonLP454

Same here. I need to point to an area, not a line. Especially since there's no crosshatch functionality...

Message 7 of 7
RCL_Engineering

@jlarsonLP454 if it helps what I usually do for area callouts is use the text feature and type out whatever the callout needs to be then I "create sketch" on the drawing, while in sketch mode you can place a leader anywhere. Hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report