Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T-Spline Merge Edge Location Issue

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
LukasKaiser
439 Views, 3 Replies

T-Spline Merge Edge Location Issue

Hi, if somebody help me with this I will be very pleased.

1) These are two identical T-Spline Panel Squares.

Screenshot_19.png

-------------

2) Each side is 25cmScreenshot_20.pngScreenshot_21.png

---------

3)Also gap between them is 25cmScreenshot_22.png

-------------

4)I want green edges to merge with purple ones. But while I'm doing this. I want purple edges to stay where ever they are. I only want green edges to move.Screenshot_23.png

---------

5)So I used "Merge Edge" option. (Later, I tried lots of modify options like "weld vertices".).Screenshot_25.png

Screenshot_26.png

----------------

6) Side number one is 25cm. It is Good.

Screenshot_27.png

But side two is 29.167cm. NO! This is NOT what I wanted. I want side two to remain 25cm. Only side three and side four can change.

Screenshot_28.pngScreenshot_29.png

-------------------

7) So somehow I need the ground purple square, then make "Merge Edge"Screenshot_30.png

I do not want to make some handy work after the process like insert edge, move edge, etc...

Because sometimes it is become difficult to do it with your hand.

Also I do not want to make them component first. 

Because when I do that. I can't edit the form again.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
laughingcreek
in reply to: LukasKaiser

T-spline forms aren't intended to be manipulated in the way your proposing.  Just not how the tools are built.  Honestly there general isn't a need for it any way because those lines are just visual representations of the underlying control points.  Sort of like a control point spline expanded into surfaces.   When you start thinking about them they way you are now, you end up chasing our tail, as your discovering.

maybe if you take a step back and describe/show what you want to achieve someone can help with a good method.

Message 3 of 4
jeff_strater

@laughingcreek is correct.  This is not an expectation you should have for T-Splines.  The thing you should know about T-Splines is that when you are moving edges/vertices, you are really manipulating a control frame.  You can see this control frame by turning on Box mode:

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 8.17.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 8.18.05 PM.png

When you move this control frame, T-Splines applies a smoothing algorithm which produces the smoothed shape.  In that process, edges or vertices can move from their position in Box mode.  This is expected, and is necessary for the smoothing to succeed.

A question is:  what are you designing, and why are you choosing T-Splines to do this?  There may be other ways to model it.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 4 of 4
LukasKaiser

Actually I found the correct method to do what I want. I was just looking for a second way to do this. Because learning new things are good:) Now I know this method is not correct. Thank you all.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report