Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SVG import apparently reversed

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
roycheers
271 Views, 4 Replies

SVG import apparently reversed

I am taking a design for model boat parts, which I had previously had made by photo-etching, and converting it to a solid to be made by 3D printing.

Once I have the first part imported as an SVG file I can extrude the holes, but not the solid part.

Any suggestions as to what's wrong?

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
laughingcreek
in reply to: roycheers

my suggestion is to learn to draw stuff like this natively in fusion.  SVG files are notoriously problematic to work with in fusion.

Message 3 of 5
jhackney1972

Your SVG file has some breaks in the ends, video will show how to fix them.  Maybe @laughingcreek has a point.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 4 of 5
etfrench

That should only take a couple of minutes to model in Fusion 360.

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
roycheers
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thanks for explaining what the problem is and how to fix it. While searching for answers  I did see mention of that type of problem but could not find a general explanation of how to find breaks. THis is the simplest of a set of progressively more complex parts - which likely also have breaks.

In the meantime I have been able to import the SGV files, including this one, into Tinkercad smoothly and accurately. Then it was simple to adjust the height and export to STL. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report