Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion's for Free Windows App/Software for viewing .usdz Files...

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
rushabhthakkar_910
3102 Views, 9 Replies

Suggestion's for Free Windows App/Software for viewing .usdz Files...

Hello Everyone, 

Can anybody suggest some Apps/Softwares to view .usdz Files on Windows for Free...?

Thanks and Regards,

Rushabh Thakkar.

Please use the Accept Solution button to mark any posts that provide the answer or solution. 

Likes are always welcome.

LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook.      

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Thanks for posting here, could you share a sample .usdz file and will check and get back to you if we find any sample viewers. 

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Regards,

Sasi

Sasikanth Kollipara 
 Sr. Quality Engineer in Fusion
Autodesk
LinkedIn
Message 3 of 10

Just asking Sir... Because I maybe unaware of it.. Do viewers depend on what file's I share...? I mean if I share a file, and want to view a file that does not match with the file I have shared, will the viewer not be able to open the file...?

Thanks and Regards,

Rushabh Thakkar.

Please use the Accept Solution button to mark any posts that provide the answer or solution. 

Message 4 of 10

It doesn't work that way. If the file type is supported, it works for every file. So just to give it a try, I was asking for the sample file to see. 

Regards,

Sasi

Sasikanth Kollipara 
Autodesk
LinkedIn
Message 5 of 10

Sorry for the Late Reply Sir... I have attached the File..

Attaching a .zip file because .usdz files are not Supported... 

Screenshot 2021-06-06 235001.png

Thanks and Regards,

Rushabh Thakkar.

Message 6 of 10

Thanks for sharing the file, I did check the file and seems like this is a new one from Apple and I could do a preview in my mac by default. Also, I have seen another forum in which it was mentioned that the Dev Team is working on adding this support but we don't have an ETA for that. 

However, seems like there are some apps that convert .usdz to .stl files, and then we can import it back to Fusion360. 

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Regards,

Sasi

Sasikanth Kollipara 
Autodesk
LinkedIn
Message 7 of 10

No Sir, this file is not from an Apple Device. I don't have any Apple Devices. I have a Windows Laptop. 

And I converted the .f3d file in Fusion and exported in .usdz format.. 

So I am looking for any Free App/Software that can view .usdz files on a Windows Laptop.. 

Thanks and Regards,

Rushabh Thakkar.

Message 8 of 10

I meant usdz format is for iOs, though it can be opened many other android apps. will check the apps if i find any on Android.

and I can open this file with default preview of mac, see below: 

Screenshot 2021-06-08 at 10.14.01 AM.png

Also, I can open it in Xcode with a proper 3D rendering.

Below is what i got from internet:

What Is the USDZ File Format?

USDZ is a 3D file format that displays 3D and AR content on iOS devices without having to download special apps. Users can easily share this portable format, and developers can exchange it between applications in their 3D-creation pipeline.

Regards,

Sasi

Sasikanth Kollipara 
Autodesk
LinkedIn
Message 9 of 10

Yes Sir I know Mac/ios Devices do not need an App/Software additionally to view .usdz files...

But Windows does not support such files, so we need to install some App/Software Additionally... So are there any Free Apps/Softwares available...??

Thanks and Regards,

Rushabh Thakkar.

Message 10 of 10

When I google, I see there are a couple of android apps(related to AR/VR) but I don't want to mention them here which I have not tested/used on my own. will let you know when Fusion or any Autodesk viewer supports that. 

Thanks for understanding.

Regards,

Sasi

Sasikanth Kollipara 
Autodesk
LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report