Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stumped, how to create a flat pattern for this design

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
rgough0
452 Views, 3 Replies

Stumped, how to create a flat pattern for this design

Can anyone offer suggestions for this design. I want to be able to create a flat pattern from this fusion file. It will be built using 16 ga sheet metal welded together. 

Anyone ideas, or information would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rob Gough

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
chrisplyler
in reply to: rgough0

Then you should have built each leg as a Component, and modeled in the Sheet Metal workspace using the Flange tool, with at lease a tiny flat part for each leg. That's the only way to get Flat Patterns in Fusion.

Message 3 of 4
rgough0
in reply to: chrisplyler

Thank you. I give sheet metal a try. I have watched the screencast you posted for another user. Your example was only using curves on 1 plane. Can this be done using a spline on 2 planes?

Regards,
Rob
Message 4 of 4
chrisplyler
in reply to: rgough0

As you might imagine when using sheet metal, curving it in more than one direction, as might be achieved on an English Wheel or by hammering, distorts the sheet. Fusion 360 does not have the capability to handle such complexities re. creating a Flat Pattern.

And personally I'm not surprised. How can you derive an accurate flat pattern from something malleable that must, in the real world, have been squished/stretched?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report