Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant get this shape. How to do that on fusion?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
557 Views, 3 Replies

cant get this shape. How to do that on fusion?

block done in mayablock done in maya

hey guys, this is my firt post here, so hi everyone...
So....i am a very new user and i was started to work on fusion on monday, but i have some knowege in another 3d softwares
I modelated this block shape here on maya, and after that i imported the model to fusion, just like reference, im thought that i wil gonna make a better version of this shape here in fusion...but, im been like...2 days trying to get this shape whitout any good results, all shapes that i done was sucks....

I already tryed to use, loft, revolve, sweep, make two shapes and combine it thogeter....but whitout any good result! this pear shapes and this concave-convex internal belly is very hard to get....

1st try1st try2nd try2nd try

Can you guys say me hows the best way to do that(for dummyes) or send me some videos, thats will gonna help me a lot?

PS. I just trying to made the front part of motor, cause the middle and back parts i know that i can do!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If all the curvature changes are necessary on the rim, you can a loft across multiple planes, tightly packed to get the detail in that rim. Otherwise, a mixture of fillets should do just fine. In fact, your models seem like pretty good approximations.

What exactly are you looking to closer approximate?

Message 3 of 4
etfrench

I'm guessing the front of the motor is the one you're showing multiple images of?

If you used a sketch to extrude the body of the motor, then you may be able to use an offset of the outline to create the front. Add a fillet, then cut the reliefs for the machine screws.

Attaching your file to the thread will get you more detailed answers (File|Export|Archive files (*.f3d)).

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
chrisplyler

Something like this?

shape1.jpg

That's done by Lofting three profiles, with the first being the main perimeter, while the second and third are on offset planes and have that perimeter offset inside. And finally Filleting as required.

shape2.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report