Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still stuck on this one trying to get it to cut correctly

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
gpetti20
260 Views, 5 Replies

Still stuck on this one trying to get it to cut correctly

Hey Guys Me again,

Attached is a DXF file that I downloaded, Went thru all the motions to get it to cut on my plasma cutter.

There were three areas that were not connected correctly so I fixed those and all was good. went to extrude and found one small area that would not extrude for cutting. tried everything I knew to do. got on youtube for a solution but did not find anything to help me. Yes I did check the scale and it is plenty big. I just cannot get this ONE piece to cut out. Please advise

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jhackney1972
in reply to: gpetti20

You need to give a screen capture to indicate the problem area.  It is not clear what is a cutout and what is not from just the sketch.  Show the extruded body and indicate the problem area on that.

Why do you have such a big Setup sheet defined in Manufacturing.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 6
etfrench

Some of the geometry is doubled.  Check the border of the problem area by hovering the cursor over each segment of the border while holding the left mouse button down.  This will give  you a list of all the geometry under the cursor and will allow you to delete the duplicates.

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
gpetti20
in reply to: jhackney1972

If you look at the bottom of the sketch you can see the blue outlined area that will not cut out.

File is attached. To answer your question about so many objects open is I guess I was trying so many different Things to GET THIS TO CUT WITH THE REST OFTHE SKETCH

Message 5 of 6
g-andresen

Hi.

1. extrude sketch "Layer_1"

2. extrude/cut sketch 3

günther

Message 6 of 6
gpetti20
in reply to: g-andresen

Thank You. I finally got it to work correctly from your fix

Glenn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report