Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

startup crash windows 8

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
313 Views, 3 Replies

startup crash windows 8

Fusion 360 crashes at startup. After latest update. Tried to uninstall and reinstall several times. Crash happens after i type in my login and password. After that, program crashes at startup every time. How can i solve this? My firewall and antivirus is off. Registry is cleaned after uninstall. 

Before the latest update program worked fine. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
kevinwatts
in reply to: Anonymous

This thread might help. I am running Win 8.1 and the upgrade works so far. Although some problems, watch postings. It seems that any Addin's (Plug-ins) need to also be uninstalled and reinstalled after you get the new Fusion 360 updated and working.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/design-and-documentation/problems-installing-the-new-update/td-p/56866...

Hope that helps.

Message 3 of 4
bob_holland
in reply to: kevinwatts

@Anonymous,

I am sorry to hear that this update did not work for you.

For my Windows 8 machine I needed to un-install and re-install.

This obviously did not work for you.

Here are the instruction on how to do a clean uninstall of Autodesk Fusion 360
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-of-Autodesk-Fusion-360.html

Please try this and let us know.

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 4 of 4
sakolkar
in reply to: bob_holland

Hi mr.scofield,

Really sorry the update is causing problems. If you have submitted any Crash Error Report (CER)s then it would be great if you can forward either the report numbers to us or the email address you use with your Autodesk account. Also, may I request you to send us log files from your machine so we can investigate this issue further? The log files can be found at:

C:\Users\<windows user name>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Autodesk Fusion 360\<Autodesk User ID>\logs

C:\Users\<windows user name>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\autodesk.webdeploy.streamer.log

You can send this information to me directly at my email address: Saurabh.Akolkar@autodesk.com

Regards,

Saurabh Akolkar

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report