Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sort by date

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Ronthomp
480 Views, 7 Replies

Sort by date

Fusion 360 sort by date is faulty. It sorts by the last date the folder was updated, but should drill down to sort by last file updated. Very frustrating and time consuming.

Ron Thompson
Titusville, FL USA
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Phil.E
in reply to: Ronthomp

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. Are you talking about the data panel? Can you describe the problem in a little more detail? The data panel is intended to act similar to windows explorer or finder when it comes to sorting files and folders by date, so please let us know what you are expecting. Pictures help.

Thanks,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 8
Ronthomp
in reply to: Phil.E

Yes, in the data panel of fusion 360 in online mode. I have it in sort by last updated in list view.

In this screen shot, I just updated a file in the folder "Richard". It should now be at the top, no? I even hit the refresh, to no avail.

When I open the folder, the file shows a new version number and time.

Thanks!

Capture.PNG

Ron Thompson
Titusville, FL USA
Message 4 of 8
Phil.E

@Ronthomp

Got it. Only new file creation updates a folder and moves it in the "sort by last updated" view of folders. This is logged as a bug. Any file editing should "update" the folder, not just new file creation.

(internal reference UP-32941)

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 8
3d5CUHL

not fixed yet?

3d5CUHL_0-1598683432612.png

sort does not work on Desktop Version

Message 6 of 8
Phil.E
in reply to: 3d5CUHL

Thanks for finding this old post. While it sounds related, this old post is for a completely different issue that started recently. The old post is about folder view sorting, the new issue is about design version dates. The issue is well known and the development team wants to fix it, but there is no way to know exactly when it will be fixed and pass testing. Hopefully soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Here is the latest post about it.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 8
Ronthomp

Old, but still an issue. Sorting sucks.

Ron Thompson
Titusville, FL USA
Message 8 of 8
3d5CUHL

thanks for the clarification

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report